1 2

#1May 28th, 2013 · 04:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Tears in Heaven - Rendition

This song is not in a battle

I enjoyed working on this, I tried to do this great Eric Clapton song some justice.
My first recording with my new Freshman Classical Guitar, the sound improves on it by the week, it's a lovely instrument.
I'll upload a video of the recording soon.
Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 31st, 2013 · 05:11 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Tears in Heaven - Rendition
Denis wrote…
I enjoyed working on this, I tried to do this great Eric Clapton song some justice.
My first recording with my new Freshman Classical Guitar, the sound improves on it by the week, it's a lovely instrument.
I'll upload a video of the recording soon.
Cheers
splashed this around Facebook to my friends .. man its lovely

john T
#3June 3rd, 2013 · 05:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A beautiful song, and a beautiful rendition of it it is.
Enjoyed very much.
How far are you from getting your own studio built?
#4June 4th, 2013 · 01:58 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Enjoyed very much.
Thanks kings
I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough money for about this time next year for the studio, which was the plan. I could make a start on it, but I don't like doing things unless I've got the cash in my hands.
It's me and the mrs 25th anniversary this year, booked a two week cruise, set sail 10th Aug. All paid for, but now saving for Studio. The other thing is when I retire in about 11 years, I'd like to move by the sea, it's been a dream of mine for years. I can get a nice 2 bed bungalo for similar price of my own home in Leigh-on-Sea. It makes better sense to wait until then, but I don't want to be too old to enjoy. I'm caught in the balance. Money talkes as they say.
#5June 4th, 2013 · 01:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Enjoyed very much.
Thanks kings
I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough money for about this time next year for the studio, which was the plan. I could make a start on it, but I don't like doing things unless I've got the cash in my hands.
It's me and the mrs 25th anniversary this year, booked a two week cruise, set sail 10th Aug. All paid for, but now saving for Studio. The other thing is when I retire in about 11 years, I'd like to move by the sea, it's been a dream of mine for years. I can get a nice 2 bed bungalo for similar price of my own home in Leigh-on-Sea. It makes better sense to wait until then, but I don't want to be too old to enjoy. I'm caught in the balance. Money talkes as they say.
yea bla bla bla bills and more bla bla bla bills.
Unless you work it all out before hand you'll usually end up spending more than expected once you start.
Would be a shame to have a half built studio in the garden for years.
Yet if you could get it together it would be a very good investment, simply because you would have used your slopped garden which otherwise would not be used. You do have a slopped garden yes ? So when you retire you'd get more for your property.
#6June 17th, 2013 · 03:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Enjoyed very much.
Thanks kings
yea bla bla bla bills and more bla bla bla bills.
Unless you work it all out before hand you'll usually end up spending more than expected once you start.
Would be a shame to have a half built studio in the garden for years.
Yet if you could get it together it would be a very good investment, simply because you would have used your slopped garden which otherwise would not be used. You do have a slopped garden yes ? So when you retire you'd get more for your property.
Yes Yes and Yes... Cost of living going up, it catches up with you without realising it - The whole world seems to be on a an economical challenge.  I have a lovely fantasy that one day there will be a group of supernatural beings here on earth who have the knowledge and wisdom to help all man kind have a comfortable life style and a lavish one for those who care for it - dream dream dream, hope hope hope, faith faith faith and so it  will be.....
#7June 17th, 2013 · 10:41 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Enjoying every second of this recording Great job sir!!
#8February 2nd, 2017 · 09:20 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Your guitar skills are definately awesome. Record is well enough to adapt it to the original song.

What happened to the house at the sea? Could I rent it for while or two?
#9February 2nd, 2017 · 09:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Your guitar skills are definately awesome. Record is well enough to adapt it to the original song.

What happened to the house at the sea? Could I rent it for while or two?

Hope you are well.
I will be moving to the sea-side when I retire in ten years time - you will be more than welcome.
#10February 2nd, 2017 · 12:16 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very well played version of this Denis, and well recorded too. Such a sensitive song and you did it justice all the way.

Denis wrote…
I have a lovely fantasy that one day there will be a group of supernatural beings here on earth who have the knowledge and wisdom to help all man kind have a comfortable life style and a lavish one for those who care for it - dream dream dream, hope hope hope, faith faith faith and so it  will be....

That is a lovely fantasy indeed. But if we look deep inside ourselves, must we not conclude that we humans are the most supernatural beings here on Earth? And that we do have the knowledge and wisdom to make life comfortable and lavish for all, if only we manage to work together...................
#11February 2nd, 2017 · 03:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
Very well played version of this Denis, and well recorded too. Such a sensitive song and you did it justice all the way.

Denis wrote…
I have a lovely fantasy that one day there will be a group of supernatural beings here on earth who have the knowledge and wisdom to help all man kind have a comfortable life style and a lavish one for those who care for it - dream dream dream, hope hope hope, faith faith faith and so it  will be....

That is a lovely fantasy indeed. But if we look deep inside ourselves, must we not conclude that we humans are the most supernatural beings here on Earth? And that we do have the knowledge and wisdom to make life comfortable and lavish for all, if only we manage to work together...................

There are not that many humans in this world that deserve the status of being human in the sense of being supernatural, given that we are the superior ones one this planet. Greed, insecurity, lack of knowledge, Society can bring out the worst in us. Only the strong survive they say, and it those who are strong in the sense of well being and happiness that bring out the best in themselves and those around them. There are many good ones on bandAMP. Peace & Love, those that have it I honour and respect. Onwards and upwards I strive for the perfect life, and so it shall be.
#12February 4th, 2017 · 07:53 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Beautiful rendition Denis your voice is just perfect for this.You are a good soul mate and always a pleasure to count you as one of our friends here .Now sir some more music ... lets hear
#13February 5th, 2017 · 05:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
Beautiful rendition Denis your voice is just perfect for this.You are a good soul mate and always a pleasure to count you as one of our friends here .Now sir some more music ... lets hear :)
Thank you for your kind words.
I have much metal respect for both of you and hope your lives are full of goodness and health.
I am spending a lot of time with family and helping my wife around the home.  We have two daughter very spoilt.
My Mother is in hospital, we nearly lost her at Christmas and my father finds it hard coping alone at home.  I do practice occasionally, but just do not have any time for songwriting at the moment. Know doubt when the time is right, I will be able to get back into producing again.
#14January 25th, 2018 · 08:16 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Came back to give it a listen.
Thank you again for this rendition.
#15January 25th, 2018 · 09:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Came back to give it a listen.
Thank you again for this rendition.
Thank you - I uploaded a video of it too

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.