#1May 7th, 2013 · 05:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Skrew

This song is not in a battle

So, lots has happened since I was last here - for one thing, our band UMF fell apart, and the singer and me joined another band now known as "Mistaken Saints". Sporting a slightly different style, we couldn't merge the all of the old UMF repertoire with new band's material, so that left us with a number of orphaned songs that had never even made it to a halfway decent recording.

So I decided to record them by myself, and this here "Skrew" is one of those songs. Preserving the original structure, with finalized guitar parts I think I caught the essence of this live favorite quite well. Ofcourse I had to be sloppy here and there, but that's just what happens.

Hope you enjoy,
cheers.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 9th, 2013 · 05:56 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
sounds as PX song pur sang to me, dark, well composed and with a tune that gets in my brain like a worm in an appel

I like the sloppyness, adds to a live feel.

I'd take a beer and bang my head on this when played live!

so whats kind of music will u be playing with Mistaken Saints that this wont fit in? ABBA tunes? Country?

good luck with it anyway! hope to hear some of it..
#3May 9th, 2013 · 07:44 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow - this really kicks ass! It seems to have more "punch", more production and more "polish" to my ears than your stuff of the past. I don't really hear sloppiness at all. I am inclined to wonder if your years of gigging didn't really contribute this this more "pro" sound...(?) By the way, good to hear from you
#4May 10th, 2013 · 04:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is really excellent .... I must agree a very pro, polished, clean and concise production.
I hear no 'slap' guitar and I actually dont hear the live in it either.... tis a tight piece.
Really like the choruses.
It might not have the character of your earlier songs eg beep beep beep beep beep beep or Happy Valentine but it is miles ahead in structure and production.
Really good to see you around too
#5May 13th, 2013 · 04:36 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks guys, always good to read your feedback

@MaxdB: Mistaken Saints plays a more melodic type of 80's rock, as our demo is nearly finished, I will be able to upload some of our tracks soon. Also, I will soon upload one of our concert videos gives you an idea.

@battlecat: true, my approach to mixing has changed over time. Going "all out" instead of focusing on peculiarities works much better for me, hehe.

@kings: in all, this song is a band product, I did not write it alone. Granted I did start the jam which lead to the creation of it, and I did (re)write the guitar part but that's why it's not a typical PX solo tune. But glad you enjoy it!

And it's still a bit sloppy, but in a good way

cheers!
#6May 13th, 2013 · 08:01 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
What the 'beep beep' ?
Wow this is great the biff is back ..long live the biff
Deadly live I dare say.
Very tight production
nice one PX glad to see the world is still blessed with ure presence
I'm gonna get a beer & crank this up

yi

#7May 16th, 2013 · 04:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ooompf.
Fat, hard,dark, high energy.
Compared to older stuff thisone´s matured in any case. Good mixing, performing, composing.

U.L.I.
#8May 16th, 2013 · 06:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Skrew
PuppetXeno wrote…
So, lots has happened since I was last here - for one thing, our band UMF fell apart, and the singer and me joined another band now known as "Mistaken Saints". Sporting a slightly different style, we couldn't merge the all of the old UMF repertoire with new band's material, so that left us with a number of orphaned songs that had never even made it to a halfway decent recording.

So I decided to record them by myself, and this here "Skrew" is one of those songs. Preserving the original structure, with finalized guitar parts I think I caught the essence of this live favorite quite well. Ofcourse I had to be sloppy here and there, but that's just what happens.

Hope you enjoy,
cheers.

deep near the heart of the reactor lurks the PUP ...very punchy great sound ....

Im with ULI on this one ....the previous was good ... this is better!!!

glow-fish
#9May 22nd, 2013 · 04:08 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
This song definitely has me pumped up!  The drum kick really stands out and I love the darkness of the vocals!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.