#1May 6th, 2013 · 11:21 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
In My Head cover

This song is not in a battle

Hi Bandamp!
I haven't been around a while, all because of joining a cover band with the drummer i used to play with (in my former band U-Tow)  and some other great musician, so i had to work my ass off :P
We're rehearsing only 2 months once a week now so it isn't perfect.., but is there enough to enjoy and to expect?
I am gonna upload another track with more of the fem singer in it soon, caus this one is mainly sung by her brother(which joined U-Tow for a while also) , so we have both male and female singer on board
The recording is made with mobile phone and edited only a little on frequencies, its just a rehearsal
Love to hear your opinions on it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 6th, 2013 · 02:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great energy in the band.
It's difficult to comment because of the mobile recording, the vox is very buried in the mix.
#3May 6th, 2013 · 05:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That was really enjoyable, a live session and well performed.
Yes it's a poo recording and I can only just make out that the vocal would be excellent at the correct level.
Next time ask the singer to hold the phone .... not the drummer  

I wonder what it would sound like recorded with a few phones left around the room then edited as tracks?
#4May 7th, 2013 · 11:43 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx for comments and listening guys.
Clear statement Denis,
nice idea Kings,
mobile phones aren't build for great recordings sadly,
I guess with more phones you get a lot of phasing problems, but its worth a try

in a later stage ill bring on the old Yamaha AW44 recorder, just want to focus on playing now and not on recording yet.
#5May 7th, 2013 · 04:32 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
We use a Tascam DR-07 to record rehearsal sessions, that really works quite well (esp. after eq/comp postprocessing), much better than a phone ofcourse. It's really worth the investment,

anyway this is promising still, indeed enjoyable - not gonna walk out when this is played live in a bar
even better still would be original work, but, music is about having fun, and it sounds like you got that covered allright

anyway good luck with the band!
#6May 7th, 2013 · 06:43 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
PuppetXeno wrote…
We use a Tascam DR-07 to record rehearsal sessions, that really works quite well (esp. after eq/comp postprocessing), much better than a phone ofcourse. It's really worth the investment,

anyway this is promising still, indeed enjoyable - not gonna walk out when this is played live in a bar
even better still would be original work, but, music is about having fun, and it sounds like you got that covered allright

anyway good luck with the band!

gonna look for such a thing indeed Puppet,
and tnx for comps, good to hear from ppl who are more objective then myself
original work is planned, but we want a cover repertoire finished by september/oktober because we are booked in 5 places already now :p
and we have so much fun, me myself the most of all

ps. gonna check your song tomorrow, tired and deaf from rehearsal now
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.