United Kingdom
Nice 90's feel.
Good arrangement.
Would have liked the vox a bit louder.
#3May 6th, 2013 · 11:36 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
nothing reminds the garage, sounds fat and crispy, nice song, great arrangements, very good performance, almost perfect.
fix the voice and let somebody else master it..., maybe some backing on the vox?
then its a 100
#4May 8th, 2013 · 10:54 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Loving that guitar sound. And the arrangement. And the song.

I agree about the vocals. But I don't think they need to go up.

There is a second bubble gum keyboard that is also too low.

The main bouncing top-keyboard really dominates. They way it is pushed into one side without a full counter balance in the other ear detracts, and actually makes the ear 'tired'. I suggest either pulling back on the pan, pulling back on eq or volume, or pushing the other keys up in the other side to counter that ear.

The bass is a great sound but it might be too much.

I just had some coffee so forgive me for rambling here.

In our daily setting the ear is capable of discriminating very similar sounds from each other by noticing the subtle timbre differences in them and in the environment- room space and echo for example. When we are dealing with an audio speaker there is less for the ear to work with. As a result we need to compensate for this limitation with our mixes by giving the various instruments a their own space in the mix, using things like eq and pan.

One thing I am working on these days is trying to find a area of EQ space for the various instruments. This can allow for clarity of the individual instruments. When we have the bass fill up a lot of the spectrum we can get a great sound but it can muddy other things trying to occupy similar frequencies.

I suggest starting with figuring out what frequencies work best with your voice, probably close to 1K and set that to where it sounds the way you want, but narrow enough to leave room for other instruments. And then add the next element that is important to you that might use similar frequencies; from this song I might think one of the keyboards.

Your guitar sound is important. Where can you focus its energy without taking away too much of it's quality? Play around with it.
 Narrow the bass. Leave room for the drums, etc.

I'm only going on so much because I can hear all the great things I'd try to get this song to sound a little better in my speakers. It has great potential!

Good work and thank you for sharing it.
#5May 8th, 2013 · 10:59 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
You've got three keys in there. Wow. And I can't get over that guitar sound.
#6May 8th, 2013 · 04:48 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: SN 185
wladthemlat wrote…
Another piece from the garage sessions :)

this is well fine!!!!

yep i think the vocal is a bit covered over rather than too quiet .... just a mix thing ...as it sits in the guitar range ....maybe push out stereo field and move the guitar a bit further out of the middle??? just a random thought

listened to it 3 times ....yep i think you could play about with panning for starters

but thats overkill ...

its a great track as it is ....if u like me u go to next project and noodle with this one at your leisure...
thats creativity for ya

create - a - fish
#7May 16th, 2013 · 04:06 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
A pretty individual combination of The Cure, Aha, 8-bit and much more influences I canīt name.
Production sounds naturally and musically to me.
Good work

U.L.I.
#8May 22nd, 2013 · 04:03 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I LOVE 8BIT SQUARES   That was a pleasant surprise and personally I like where the square plucks are mixed but felt the vocals could be brought forward just a bit!  Really enjoyed the sound and song writing!  You got a fan in me!
#9July 7th, 2013 · 05:30 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
What Swordfish said.
I like this. Had me bopping!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 5:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.