#1April 13th, 2013 · 01:18 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Under The Stars

This song is not in a battle

This is one of five tracks from my latest album, Ghost On The Radio. This is the most "single" like track, but I really made this to be listened to all the way through at once. The album is five songs, consisting of four tracks then a 9 minute medley. Some of you might remember I posted a song from my last album on this forum, and this new one differs somewhat. For this, in addition to guitar and vocals I played tambourine, shakers, harmonica, kalimba, and bass tracks.
Check the full thing out on my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/tamarack-2/ghost-on-the-radio

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 16th, 2013 · 03:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice relaxed feel.
How are you recording the acoustic guitar, it sounds a bit thin?
Work on the panning a little, although it sounds OK towards the end.
#3April 18th, 2013 · 03:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yes, this a cool song.
But in my opinion you should work a bit on the mix.
Gitti and vox are mixed very clear, but raise the bass and percs . This can make the mix more consistent, coherent.
And seperate the instruments from each other when you pan  'em in the (broad) stereo field.

U.L.I.
#4May 7th, 2013 · 04:49 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey, this is pretty good, I like the atmosphere a lot, cool acoustic sound and nice vocal harmonies. I think this could be arranged as a full electric track aswell, and then it would be awesome to start out the acoustic way and halfway transition into a full electric track (but that would require some pro producing ofcourse )

Good job, certainly, very enjoyable!
#5May 8th, 2013 · 10:02 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
I like the way the bass is. At first I was hoping it could be a little louder but the more it went the more it sounds like acoustic stand up. The way you tend to stay on beat adds to this effect. This gives the whole thing a live band-type quality, even though it is just you.

I also like your voice. It reminds me a little of beat happening, but with a little more light (if that makes sense). The phrasing is nice.

One suggestion, if it isn't too late. Find a female friend to assist with the backup vox, just add to what's already there. At 1:22 "the house I used to know" have her support that wonderful guitar chord.

Thanks for sharing.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.