#1April 11th, 2013 · 05:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Tequila Sunrise - Cover

This song is not in a battle

Having fun doing Eagle covers - I'll hopefully be uploading a video of the recording soon, pending on whether I set-up the green screen correct - will find out once I start editing, fingers crossed

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 13th, 2013 · 01:00 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
I really dig how your harmonies sound. good stuff! eagles have so many songs that would be great fun to cover..
#3April 13th, 2013 · 02:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TamarackII wrote…
I really dig how your harmonies sound. good stuff! eagles have so many songs that would be great fun to cover..
Layering harmony vocals like this song has been a first for me, it was quite a challenge - it's nowhere perfect.
I think layering vocals like this is easier and more effective sung in a group, it's what the Eagles were blessed with, they are not only melodic and superbly arranged, they have a magic quality to them, very hard to replicate. At the same time as you say it was fun and exiting to put together. I normally produce my own songs, I don't seem to be writing as much these days, so am trying doing a few covers supported by a live video shoot - it's brought back the fun in performing, mixing, editing and singing.
Cheers
#4April 15th, 2013 · 03:51 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Meantime your mixings have reached a real quality level. Can´t recommend anything for improvement.
Everything is clear and well panned.
Only thing I´d say is that the (lead) chant is a lil shaky in some places. Perhaps you like to re-record the voice so that the melody comes stronger, more steady.

I watched your vid and noticed your probs with editing the greenscreen ( green sparks, flashes, areas)
I´m using "power director 10" (Cyberlink), and when I use greenscreen / chroma-key the program offers the options of adjusting "Intensity/opacity/colour-tolerance". That can reduces some green glint, these green areas shine through.
Perhaps you can edit your clips this way.
U.L.I.
#5April 15th, 2013 · 02:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Meantime your mixings have reached a real quality level. Can´t recommend anything for improvement.
Everything is clear and well panned.
Only thing I´d say is that the (lead) chant is a lil shaky in some places. Perhaps you like to re-record the voice so that the melody comes stronger, more steady.

I watched your vid and noticed your probs with editing the greenscreen ( green sparks, flashes, areas)
I´m using "power director 10" (Cyberlink), and when I use greenscreen / chroma-key the program offers the options of adjusting "Intensity/opacity/colour-tolerance". That can reduces some green glint, these green areas shine through.
Perhaps you can edit your clips this way.
U.L.I.
Yeah little shaky on the vox at the start. The trouble is I'm limited in time, it takes such along time to plan and prepare the video shoot, if I could film what goes into it you'd understand, however, I've only just started to get back into singing, practising when I get a moment like travelling to work and back, I realise that it's so important for your throat to be relaxed when singing, to keep a nice tone, plus a steady air flow. These vids are a testing ground or even a learning curve, on each one I do I'm learning by my mistakes.
I'm gonna research the green screen technique, I know it's the set up that is my problem.  The main problem so far is that I didn't iron out the green sheet, plus I used no lighting on it, which I believe is essential after seeing one tutorial. In the video you saw I tinkered with the settings to get it as best as I could.
Being a purist does not help, non of the takes are mimed, what you see is what you get.
#6April 26th, 2013 · 01:20 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Yessssss... I'm in paradise with a drink right now Great cover sir!
#7May 1st, 2013 · 11:07 AM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
You should do Hotel California or Hole in The World, would LOVE to HEAR it
#8May 13th, 2013 · 08:15 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hopi dreams
Lovely vocal there Denis ,cool and spacious top rendition , do you do it live somewhere?
 Covers are good to do for applying the craft &  if the songs are good then wtf not  
Took me there mate

Thanks for sharing
greg
#9May 13th, 2013 · 04:24 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Very nice!
I guess I've missed the video link. Can you repost here?
#10May 13th, 2013 · 04:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Soni wrote…
Very nice!
I guess I've missed the video link. Can you repost here?
There is video forum actually, but here is a link
http://forum.bandamp.com/Video_Review/42488.html
#11May 13th, 2013 · 05:31 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
The video has been blocked in my country. I can't watch it. It seems your cover is too good. 
#12May 14th, 2013 · 01:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Soni wrote…
The video has been blocked in my country. I can't watch it. It seems your cover is too good.  :o
That's crazy. This is all for fun and sharing. I can still send it to you electronically if you have a google drive account, which is free. Btw the video has green screen errors, I've been experimenting to find out what works.
Cheers
#13May 14th, 2013 · 01:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Hopi dreams
yokoinc wrote…
Lovely vocal there Denis ,cool and spacious top rendition , do you do it live somewhere?
 Covers are good to do for applying the craft &  if the songs are good then wtf not  
Took me there mate

Thanks for sharing
greg
I'm always trying new things to keep it interesting. It's also that I like a challenge. I've never practised singing as much as I have in these videos, it's amazing on how there is something you can improve on no matter how long you've been performing. My wife even approves and she is the most critical critique I know... Bless her.
I don't play out anymore, I'd struggle as a vocalist because I don't know enough songs off by heart. This is another challenge for me, that is to have a vocal repertiore. I'm not sure whether I'd like to perform, because I'm already having fun, but I may try it out one day if ever I do learn enough songs to sing.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.