#1March 30th, 2013 · 10:18 AM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Through the Noise studio1

This song is not in a battle

Through The Noise from Down 61   1st Mix from the Studio Tracks.  Loud Intro on this one. I do hear a couple of things to fix and an anoying "warble" on the bass track, guitar solo should be better, but overall I like how this one's turning out.
The main guitar comes in louder on this MP3 than it does on the main .WAV file. Any one know why?  
And whats with the recording of the vocals. Sounds thin and empty to me but I also wanted to give them a "shouted through a bull horn" feel on this track.  Sounded better in the booth. Help!! Any ideas?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 31st, 2013 · 04:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Check the settings on your mp3 converter - you don't want it less than a bitrate of 128, the higher the bit rate the better the quality, or try a different converter. A low bit rate will effect the bass and treble, so it could be why the bass and guitar don't sound right.
If you want to beef up the vocals, get closer to the mic, about the width of your hand is a general rule. I assume you have a large condenser diaphragm mic? - you can still get a good sound with a good dynamic. 
The bass drum sounds a bit reverby, try putting something in front of the bass drum to stop reflection - a large cushion or large foam.
Having said all this is has an organic sound, which is not a bad thing, depends on how you want it to sound.
Hope that helps.
Experiment with mic positions will help too.
If you go on YouTube you'll find some basic tips on where to put up acoustic foam in your room - you don't need that much, and you could use old curtains or something like that if you are strapped for cash. You may need a couple of Bass traps too, again check YouTube for some tips.
*edit* I use this free mp3 converter - great results
http://www.nch.com.au/switch/mp3.html
I remember seeing this recording drums
http://www.kimcheerecords.com/articles/drums/
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.