1 2

#1August 7th, 2005 · 03:23 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Sketch14
Score: 64.2%
Battle: 2005-08

I record all of these vocal tracks with my Sure SM58 and though, theoretically, I have the capability to to mix the tracks on my computer, I am a little new at this, so I don't really know how to do it.  Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

P.S.  Thank you all for the great comments and suggestions.  I have used many of them to develope another track, but it hasn't gotten much attention.  If you have time, please check out Sketch17 and let me know what you think.  Thanks, again!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2005 · 11:06 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
menstruating sheep
my rating of this started out super low, then the other voices came in and it raised a notch, then the other voices came in and it raised anotch... if you'da given me a falsetto chorus melody line solo kinda deal i mighta actually called this good... make the intro 1/4 as long

as far as you not knowing your equipment... read my threads and posts on the Gear Talk forum... what you need and what to do is rather thoroughly explained there
#3August 8th, 2005 · 05:51 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i agree about the intro being shorter
#4August 9th, 2005 · 06:47 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
46 posts
Norway
Ah! Good stuff!! 

You should probably try to vary the singing a bit into the song as well. Like making a chorus, and then returning to your current 'riff' and ending the song. That's what I would do.

But, I always love being surprised by music. And I certainly was now!
#5August 10th, 2005 · 11:42 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds like a vocal exercise entitled 'Yodlers from Hell vol #2' :P Just kiddin with ya...

Seriously, the vocal harmonies get cleverer as the song progresses. I'd suggest some refined compression on the different elements, some equing to differentiate them a little, and some reverb.

Also, when you are basically creating precise vocal harmonies, a tiny bit of auto-tune might help it fit together snugly.

Overall its interesting though, always good to hear something different
#6August 11th, 2005 · 06:46 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
well I think it's safe to say...
That I wasn't expecting that. Pretty cool man

A Capella songs could be, uh, your thing on bandAMP

Next time I want words though!

#7August 14th, 2005 · 09:53 AM
19 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
Canada
30 seconds to fame
this is the first time in my life Ive heard such kinda music...you have worked that out really well...why don't u feature this in 30 seconds to fame ??? I'm sure you will win something
Just kidding man
Really Nice...The tone and stuff is really nice including the backing vocals..
#8August 16th, 2005 · 06:33 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Nicely Done
I've done some experimenting with voice as an organic instrument as well.  The only thing I can't seem to reproduce is a vocal drum effect.  Anything I record, no matter how much I run it through filters, ends up sounding like a cheesy attempt at 80's beat-boxing.  Your song is melodically charged enough that you really don't need a drum line, though.  I agree with previous comments about mixing it up a little in the middle.  Find a good break point, do some other harmony or maybe just double your timescale, and then come back to the main melody before closing out.  Not only will it break it up, but it will add more length and body to the song.

But that's just my 2 cents.
#9August 17th, 2005 · 06:38 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
HA haaaaaa!!!
That was fantastic!! lol

I definatley have to agree with "entheon"  sheep were the first thing that came to mind and they stayed there through out the whole song!!

On a more serious note some amazing harmonies .

!! Top qaulity stuff !!
#10August 22nd, 2005 · 04:36 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Friggin sweet
#11August 23rd, 2005 · 09:02 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
8 posts
Germany
hot
that is actually that kind of stuff, i want to produce with my band! each of us stopping on a certain point in a song then picking up the melody, rythm, etc imitating the instrument "mouthwise"
good stuff! i wonder what a solo would have sounded like
reckon this, u definetely should do that on stage with a little help of mrs boss sampling machine! i guess that would be lots of fun for u.
#12August 25th, 2005 · 07:23 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
34 posts
United Kingdom
OMFG!
oh my god! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! i love it! As soon as the track finished I had to play it again. im gonna be singin this all week, people are gonna think im wierd!bazIIIIIING!
#13August 25th, 2005 · 08:15 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
34 posts
United Kingdom
cant stop listening to this, gonna have to do something like this myself

inspiring
#14August 25th, 2005 · 08:59 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
21 posts
France
Hey! very nice, very surprising song! I'm about to make that kind of thing in a future song, but in a very different style hope my result will sound as good as yours!
#15August 30th, 2005 · 04:05 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
badoobedobaaa
You are the greatest. Hope you win the august battle.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.