#1March 18th, 2013 · 09:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Green is the Colour Cover

This song is not in a battle

A cover of the beautiful Pink Floyd song "Green is the Colour". I'll be doing a video for this one shortly and putting it up on youtube.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 19th, 2013 · 07:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice - The vox layers are effective.
The LEAD acoustic guitar  is a bit thin - I'd re-record it, mic closer (will make it sound more upfront and full) and play softer. Timing out in bits, but hey it's a live performance.
Look forward to the vid
#3March 30th, 2013 · 12:34 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hey there.  You know I always listen to you guys. You always have that lazy summer afternoon chilled out vibe that just makes me feel good. And this ones a Floyd cover too!! Nice job, the mixes and performances keep getting better.  I heard the issues Dennis had mentioned  but overall not bad at all.  Was this all live or layered a bit?  If its straight live then Wow. A little better mic placement maybe but Good Job.
#4March 30th, 2013 · 11:10 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey thank you guys both so much for listening and commenting! I really really appreciate it. I hear what you mean about the few issues but I already made the video so I just decided to leave it as is.

It's actually just me playing everything, so each bit was 'live' yes and in one take but I would record one part, then record the next, then record the next, cause its only me. This is how I'm recording my debut solo album, just me playing everything 

And skunk, I really appreciate that you think my stuff has a lazy summer afternoon chilled out vibe. I think that's so awesome and I'm so happy that it has that effect. So thank you so much. Also, I did a video for it if you want to check it out Cheers guys

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.