1 2

#1August 7th, 2005 · 12:19 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
Austria
Feeling the Blues
Score: 67.7%
Battle: 2005-08

Here's my second song, hope you'll like it. Sorry again about the quality. Please, just write your true comments. And of course, try to enjoy.

I've made a new version, this one is fucked up, my voice is actually higher. I don't know why this song is lowered and slowered down in bandamp. So don't listen to this version, just go to the new version of Feeling the Blues.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2005 · 03:48 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Seems the voice doesn't really match the music genre. Good, good song! Like the guitar riffs. Hate the drums(sorry)
#3August 7th, 2005 · 09:23 PM
Yeah I think this song is pretty good ... yet i have to agree with Dirk like on how the voice doenst really match the type of music genre and yeah it sounds too deep kinda like Elvis or something ... plus i dont hate the drums but the snare sounds a lil weird but meh i think this song is 'good' 
#4August 7th, 2005 · 10:50 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
i'll have to disagree

the voice quality matches very well
the vocal performance quality just isn't that great
i can tell your vocal muscles are weak
i don't mean this as an insult i can just tell

the harmony on the chorus is nice

work on your voice a little... those drums sound like real drums... i like them, though the snare is a bit punchy in the mid range... EQ it right and you'll have a decent song

also learn how to double kick your bass drum, that'll add a lot of funk to the song and make it more listenable... as is the drum beat is too plain... it is so un-special as to make the song boring. i'd rather hear an interesting MIDI beat with casio quality than a boring beat on real drums. If you need or want to... sample those drums and then download a drum machine that can load samples and just trigger the samples.
#5August 8th, 2005 · 07:38 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
I like your song.  Your vocals and riffs sound great to me, although you should kick the guitar tracks up a notch.  Agree with others that the drumming is nothing spectacular, but not too shabby man!
#6August 8th, 2005 · 09:29 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Why not... Guitar and voice are spectacular. Snare is too dark and heavy, Miss a B3 organ 
#7August 10th, 2005 · 12:16 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Cool stuff, I actually think it all fits nicely. I'd love to hear a more polished production with the drums and guitar, and also a stronger vocal performance. I think you have a good voice though - just needs training I agree.

Sweet
#8August 11th, 2005 · 02:27 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
nice idea, good groove.  sounds like the singer is singing below their range - trying capoing and make your life easier (why struggle when the quality suffers).  like it.
#9August 11th, 2005 · 06:52 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Puts me in mind of Jack Johnson, till the vox kick in. Good song, I agree that capoing and singing higher might actually be a better idea though! Give it a try and see how it sounds, you never know!
#10August 13th, 2005 · 12:29 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Canada
The guitar riff is great, but yes, the vocals don't fit the whole mood of the song, keep up the great work!
#11August 14th, 2005 · 03:10 AM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
nice...
...yeah the word for this one is definately 'nice'. Its not amazingly special and the recording quality of the drums could be jazzed up, but all in all youve nailed the feeling of the tune and everything seems to fit v well (id like abit more guitar solo as its alittle too basic for the blues feel but that might just be because im a guitarist :P)

yes a very nice song indeed.
#12August 14th, 2005 · 12:05 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
Good
I really am unsure about the vocals for this particular song. The drums sound okay but this is sort of Elvis mixed with, well...something it definitely should not be.  Still good song though.
#13August 14th, 2005 · 12:12 PM
3 posts
Austria
nice guitarwork, oba de drums san echt ned geil 
stimme klingt a ned schlecht
#14August 17th, 2005 · 06:51 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Song sounds great... nice finger-work on the guitar... I am going to try to not repeat everything that everyone else said.  There were only  a couple spots in the song where the rhythm of the guitar riff sounds rushed.  Other than that.... nicely done... you can't helo it that you don't have a drummer.  Good work.
#15August 18th, 2005 · 06:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
United States of America
super
down home blues           i realy injoyed the tune
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.