#1February 27th, 2013 · 12:30 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I Am Alive

This song is not in a battle

Here's a short spontaneous track that's been stuck in my head for a while.

Makes me feel like I should do more acoustic work and lay off the synths for a bit

[lyrics]

It's a new year and I have no
Resolution this year but...

It's a new year and I am alive
It's a new year and you are still breathing life...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 27th, 2013 · 03:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Catchy number.
I feel after this the vocals go higher with electric guitar with a bit of overdrive and drum and bass to match.
Keep us posted where it's going.
#3February 28th, 2013 · 04:45 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
No matter which direction you´re going musically, it´s always intelligent, tasteful, creative, unique and almost perfectly produced.
You really do know what you´re doing.

I imagine Emie´s chant on thisone (in addition to your voice !?). Will become a beautiful song with HIT-POTENCIAL. Perhaps you can add some more text in order to create a "complete" song / story.

Keep on switching genres and styles. It´s soooo enriching for a musician...........and listeners.

U.L.I.
#4February 28th, 2013 · 05:00 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
very uplifting
Lovely elements at work such a gentle dance & echo all above comments... bravo.
Funny I hear a chant narrative in the air too.
I've been exploring  Shinto lately and love the simplicity of it's foundations really connected with the Earth .
Nature Growth Eternity ...
I'm finding some of this in your song.
You are a gifted and special man
so glad we are able  to enjoy your shares.

greg
#5February 28th, 2013 · 10:08 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening everyone! 

Though I recorded this earlier in the year, I just had to post it because of what I'm going through right now.

My kidney has been showing signs of cancer and this upcoming Monday (March 4th), I'll be admitted to the hospital for most likely a week or more while they do tests on me to determine if it is indeed cancer.  I've been quite shaky about it (literally) and it feels like there's this chill that just runs through my body when I think about it.  There's also this calm as well too, like a state of "no worries" and I'm just happy to be alive.

That's the story behind the posting and I hope it's not too much to ask if everyone keeps their fingers crossed for me. 

I don't know if the hospital I'll be in will have WiFi like the previous one, but I'll keep everyone updated ~ Cheers!
#6March 1st, 2013 · 10:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
UndercoverApple wrote…
Thanks for listening everyone! 

Though I recorded this earlier in the year, I just had to post it because of what I'm going through right now.

My kidney has been showing signs of cancer and this upcoming Monday (March 4th), I'll be admitted to the hospital for most likely a week or more while they do tests on me to determine if it is indeed cancer.  I've been quite shaky about it (literally) and it feels like there's this chill that just runs through my body when I think about it.  There's also this calm as well too, like a state of "no worries" and I'm just happy to be alive.

That's the story behind the posting and I hope it's not too much to ask if everyone keeps their fingers crossed for me. 

I don't know if the hospital I'll be in will have WiFi like the previous one, but I'll keep everyone updated ~ Cheers!
I can understand how you feel - It's the same for all of us not knowing what is to be.
I have my hopes for you - all will be well - You are in the best hands, I'm sure what ever happens they will comfort you more than anyone. Keep positive, give thanks to being alive every morning, it really does, how you put it, 'make you feel happy to be alive' in this beautiful world.
~Bless You
#7March 4th, 2013 · 05:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's about time we had some new New Year songs .... everyone's going for the Christmas songs ... this is a breath of fresh air .... pun intended.
Lovely stuff, work at it, get it out there.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.