#1February 26th, 2013 · 10:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Flowers

This song is not in a battle

It's been a while since I composed and recorded - Had to tap my head a few times to remember how to record.....
I used a new Bass - Fender Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass Cricky it's months since I played the Soprano Sax, I was surprised, after about an hour of practicing, I started to feel my way around it and even got a half decent tone.
The arrangement is very bland I'm afraid, I think I'm getting a little lazy in my old age - BTW I'm 53 Wed 27th Feb - Only 12 years before I retire - That's frightening in that I feel like I've only just left School....
Anyway this one is for you and your lover sitting down by a cozy fire saying sweet things to each other and bearing gifts of love like 'Flowers' as in the title of the song - It's amazing how ladies respond when you buy them flowers, don't knock it until you have tried it Guys, hence I got breakfast in Bed on Sunday - Love is a glorious thing eh.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 26th, 2013 · 11:04 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Lovely sound and production...Very nice quality and matureness on the chord selection.....Very much a Denis signature sound!
#3February 26th, 2013 · 02:00 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Oh my that guitar is extremely sexy!  Everything sounds crisp and great!  Happy birthday by the way
#4February 26th, 2013 · 02:55 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Lovely speaks your old soul. Like it like it like it!
#5February 26th, 2013 · 07:39 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Beautiful tune...well-played and produced...and a beauty of a bass as well! Congrats!
#6February 28th, 2013 · 04:33 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Congrats to your new  "jazzy bassy".   
I guess you´ve found what you were looking for ( and didn´t find with the sr500).
This baby sounds pretty warm, clear, smooth with a good sustain ( as far I can judge). And it looks also great.
Another snip, he??

This track is more beautiful , more expressive than a bouquet of flowers and it might last eternally......... 
Wifey may apperciate that................

U.L.I.
#7February 28th, 2013 · 05:01 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Congrats to your new  "jazzy bassy".   
I guess you´ve found what you were looking for ( and didn´t find with the sr500).
This baby sounds pretty warm, clear, smooth with a good sustain ( as far I can judge). And it looks also great.
Another snip, he??

This track is more beautiful , more expressive than a bouquet of flowers and it might last eternally......... 
Wifey may apperciate that................

U.L.I.
I like the Bass, and yes I got a bargain, purchased on eBay £160.00 and it's in mint condition. Had to spend a lot of time setting it up, it plays nice now, not perfect - I don't expect perfection for a relatively cheap Bass. Has a maple body and Seymour Duncan design pickups, proper ebony binding on the neck would you believe.
The next Bass I would like to have, which would be an addition, is a Musicman - They are top money, but I love the tone when played and set up well - You can buy a cheaper version of the stingray, like a ray34, which I believe is the same size as the Stingray, just made in China or similar, I'm doubtful though whether you would get the tone as a Stingray..I'm a fan of Sade, The Bass player uses a Musicman Stingray, same for Bernard Edwards from Chic.
My wife would settle for a bunch of flowers any day 
#8February 28th, 2013 · 05:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
UndercoverApple wrote…
Oh my that guitar is extremely sexy!  Everything sounds crisp and great!  Happy birthday by the way :)
The guitar is a Tanglewood Sundance -
It was bargain on eBay, only paid £180.00 (retail for around £600.00). Solid body throughout excellent tone woods - I've set it up with very low action with no fret buzz - best acoustic I've ever had - the sound seems to improve month by month, I play it everyday more or less, which educates the guitar resonance - the overtones are beautiful. In actual fact I'm experimenting with the overtones - as you may know they resonate better on certain notes or even keys, I want to create a composition with just the guitar bringing out the overtones in their best form - I love overtones, they have a mystical vibe about them.
#9February 28th, 2013 · 05:15 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
You  Sexy old devil you 
Pure caramel creme eclair avec mocha
 smooth delicious tone  soooo good.

Very nice production too.

Ace Mate

gg   
#10March 4th, 2013 · 05:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What Greg said ..... lol, spot on
Your usual excellence Denis. crisp clear soft smooth .... yes delicious.
Should have been called 'Chocolates' , though flowers do tend to say something a little bit more special.
Made to make the heart melt !
#11March 5th, 2013 · 01:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
What Greg said ..... lol, spot on
Your usual excellence Denis. crisp clear soft smooth .... yes delicious.
Should have been called 'Chocolates' , though flowers do tend to say something a little bit more special.
Made to make the heart melt !
I could have named it "Chocaflowers", but that sounds more like sweets...lol or cake decoration.
#12March 13th, 2013 · 12:13 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Good listening.  Makes happy. Thanks!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.