#1February 22nd, 2013 · 12:14 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The End Is The End (demo)

This song is not in a battle

I was playing piano a few months ago and this came out. A few days ago I decided to make something out of it.

> Iz

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 22nd, 2013 · 01:04 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Really enjoyed the progression of this track.  I know it's just the demo but I've love to hear a lead melody (besides the accompaniment of the saw at 3:35, which sounds really cool by the way).  Also, I felt the guitar was just a bit too strong in the mid range, it was really overpowering the beautiful piano you had.  I really like the mood the track sets!
#3February 22nd, 2013 · 01:14 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you.

About the adding a lead melody, I might think about it. I wanted to keep it "simple" and just add layers of different accompaniments instead of adding leads, but if I come up with a decent melody I think I would do something with it.
About the guitar, you are right. I will fix that.

Cheers.

> Iz
#4February 22nd, 2013 · 03:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice work Iz - I love they way it builds up.
The Bass and drums are really Solid and nice sounding, but I'd sense it would be better if you build the dynamics of them as you add layers, as at first they sound too loud.  I would check the height of the strings on your bass, there is a lot of fret buzz on the higher registers - sound sweet on the lower; either that or you are plucking the strings too hard, you will get a better sound if you pluck them gently anyway.
Try recording the guitar on the neck pick up, I'm assuming you are not?
You may wanna try looking at a EQ Tutorial I found on YouTube, think it would be great for this piece having many layers, it will help it cut through better.
http://forum.bandamp.com/Recording/42068.html

Nice to see you back 
#5February 22nd, 2013 · 05:43 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hey
Good one Iz very good one love the progression & build
 has the makings of classic.Piano is great.
Picks me up like a big wave
I think your idea of "layers of different accompaniments instead of adding leads,"
is on the money
elements & subltle layers maybe cross arpeggio.

Thanks for sharing
greg

#6February 23rd, 2013 · 02:59 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Another intelligent composition by you, Is. I also like the progression and the basic idea.
But I got 2 points to improve / change ...............imo
1. thereīs a large loudness difference between the intro and the following parts. The intro sounds louder than the rest ( even though it isnīt louder )
2. Iīm with Denis about the trebly, buzzing bass solo. Basically I like this crispy, funky, twanky bass sound, but in this case itīs a wee too much. needs just a few EQ tweaks.

Alright , this my 5 cents.

U.L.I.
#7February 24th, 2013 · 09:45 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you all guys for the feedback (I'll check that video, Denis).

About the bass, I'm using a low-budget bass and I'm going for the Geddy Lee sound, so I'm definitely playing quite aggressively and getting the frets buzz on purpose. I'll try to get a better sound.

I will also fix the volumes along the song.

Thanks again.

> Iz
#8March 4th, 2013 · 05:57 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
And when you decide to make something of it you REALLY do.
This is on it's way to being yet another Izil Epic
Needs more of your attention
LOL you actually write stuff that if you were to put lyrics to it they wouldn't even have to start till the 3 minute mark or even later ... you just an epic kind of guy
The end is the end ... but this could be endless... one massive 'in the middle of it'
#9March 13th, 2013 · 12:33 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Applause!!   Liked drums coming in. Gorgeous piano! Nice feeling.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.