#1February 19th, 2013 · 01:48 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The Dark Suns Burn - mix1

This song is not in a battle

So I know I'm not done mixing this one. Got lots to sort out at the end with all the instruments. But I'm just about done mixing it I think. Once I tackle the end.

I posted the lyrics to this one in the lyrics review a little while ago!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 19th, 2013 · 01:54 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
*Singing along*

THIS ISSSS ROMANTIC CHAOS.... THIS IS THE DARK SUNS BURN...!

Enjoying it   Kick drum around 0:40 - 1:06 can be a bit off beat at times!  Clean that part up and I think you've got a great track here sir!
#3February 19th, 2013 · 02:54 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Fixed the kick drum. Meant to fix it earlier but forgot. thanks for mentioning it

Also adjusting the mix at the end so the guitar doesn't take over everything and the vox are more up front. Thanks so much for listening man it means a lot
#4February 19th, 2013 · 02:58 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Album is coming along nicely, seems all your tracks so far will gel together.
Aside the kick drum UCA pointed out (you could even bring the drums in later, deleting the problematic part), I would either record the vocal again or play around with compression, hence the notes in the lower register need raising (or the higher notes lowering), you wanna try to control your volume. You can practice until you get it right, use mic technique getting closer on the low notes and further from high, or finally play around with the ratio and threshold on your compression. You will find many YouTube tutorials on how to fine tune the compression. I remember once when I recorded the flute that the higher register over powered the lower, I simply raised the threshold up until I could see the volume meter balance out. In this case it lowered the volume of the peaks. It sounded OK to me. I would not raise the ratio by more than 3:1 for vocals, otherwise it will sound over produced.
**EDIT**
From Memory I think your DAW is Ableton - Found a pro mixing vocals on You Tube

#5February 19th, 2013 · 09:23 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Craig this is geniousness.

Really epic, dude I had no idea you were this good.  I legitimately mean that man, this is awesome!!!  Vocals sound great but you scoop your pitches on higher notes a bit at times which I don't mind but other people sometimes really dislike that.

I'd layer your vocal takes.  It makes pitch problems disappear without autotuning.  Just get like 5 good takes that are very similar.  texture em up, and eq em.

Denis, I think he uses Reaper.  At least that's why I got him using.

anyways.

sounds great.  lookin' forward to the EP.  Like the dry low fi ish sound. make sure that when you're done that you pull all the songs together and master them so they have decent track levels and eq and blah blah blah, and consistent sounds / limiting compression between songs and then put transitions in and THEN split up your files into respective WAVs or FLACs and then render to MP3.
#6February 19th, 2013 · 09:24 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
that way you get the cool gapless effect.  record some random studio noise to fill in the gaps like arctic monkeys did on Suck it or see.  That album is sick.
#7March 4th, 2013 · 06:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This certainly builds up into something VERY cool.
Your problem is that your a poet too, so it really is romantic chaos lol
You could do a bit more to your vocal track, not only get the plops or what ever their called out, you could also edit out some of the in breaths, go through the vocal recording track in an editor using fade in and fade out to dampen them out ... not completely because it becomes unnatural in such a track, just make them less audible.
God you've come such a long way ... and your still getting there, every time more and more.
Top marks.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.