29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Meridian (Rough Draft)

This song is not in a battle

[electronic version: https://soundcloud.com/harrymeas/meridian-1-7 ]

(7:30AM) Woke up.
(7:45AM) Took a shower.
(7:50AM) Thought about how the little droplets of water sounded like an aquatic applause while I sang with hair full of shampoo.
(1:00PM) Kept thinking about water.
(1:15PM) Searched Wikipedia for water and randomly went to Ocean and then Waves.
(1:45PM) Started to write lyrics using some of the vocabulary I learned.
(3:00PM) Rough draft recorded!

It's been a while since I sang anything and my medication unfortunately makes me cough and my throat really itchy.  So if you can get past my whiny little voice and pretend it's Emie singing this song, then maybe it'll convince me to turn it into a future Undercover Apple hahha   I don't have lyrics for the end of the rough draft yet so I just hummmm.

[lyrics]

I dove down to the depths
Of your Atlantis
Past rogue waves and wavelenths
Fluxations in fluid dynamics

Refractions of a heart
Who's perspective was lost
To these ocean charts

Now I'm sinking down to you
Like an anchor that sifts through the blue

One hundred and eighty degrees
You're my meridian
With lines passing through me
Across the ocean

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 18th, 2013 · 01:03 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Dude this is beautiful and would be a BRILLIANT undercoverapple song DO it!!!
#3February 18th, 2013 · 03:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Will be interesting if you could sample the droplets of water and mix it with real sampled applause, I think they may gel nice. Why not include it in the song somewhere together with ocean wave samples or similar.

It's a keeper, work on it some more and send to Emie
#4February 18th, 2013 · 11:07 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening!  If she likes the idea, I'll go on and create an Undercover Apple version with all that silly 8bit electronic nonsense
#5February 23rd, 2013 · 02:07 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America

Here's a look at the electronic version!
#6February 24th, 2013 · 10:55 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Beautiful work yet again apple! Would make a great song. Wish I could understand that pic of the electronic version , but it might as well be in greek for me
#7February 24th, 2013 · 12:11 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
https://soundcloud.com/harrymeas/meridian-1-7

Here's a link to what I've been working on the past 2 days I'm not too happy with the vocals.  Learned some new compression techniques but I don't think it's working out for me.  Maybe it's the distance I was from the mic too.  I'll figure it out hopefully  

The chorus vocals haven't been recorded yet, but expect Emie's beautiful voice to grace it but once it's recorded, I'll have to see if I should edit the bass synths to be a bit more "friendly" to the ears.  I think I'm the only one who loves all this square synth work lol.
#8February 25th, 2013 · 05:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Nice idea.
I do find the words a bit 'busy', a lot being said with few words, you picked up some good ones though.
A whole song of clever words can quickly become too clever ... and miss the story ....

So do you sing together at all, do you intend to, a duet of some kind could could wonderful
#9February 25th, 2013 · 11:20 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I totally agree with the busy-ness of the lyrics, especially in "Fluctuations in fluid dynamics."  It's been bothering me the past 2 days now lol and I think I may need to change it around or just maybe to "Fluxes in fluid dynamics."  Thanks for listening kind sir!
#10March 4th, 2013 · 05:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
UndercoverApple wrote…
I totally agree with the busy-ness of the lyrics, especially in "Fluctuations in fluid dynamics."  It's been bothering me the past 2 days now lol and I think I may need to change it around or just maybe to "Fluxes in fluid dynamics."  Thanks for listening kind sir!

Yes it's that bit I was getting at indeed ....

Dynamic Fluctuations ?

You could write more around Fluid and Fluidity as this is the theme of the song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.