#1February 16th, 2013 · 10:42 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The Moment - Final

This song is not in a battle

So this is the third mix/version I have uploaded of this song and I really like this one. I don't have very strong percussion in this song but I don't think it needs any and I've tried many things and nothing seems to fit except for the shakers that I have and a VERY subtle re-done heartbeat thing on the back of my guitar.

I've also added solo guitar and think it caps off the song very nicely. What do you think? (I've got 6 songs completely done and recorded for my upcoming album...this being one of them! 5-7 more songs to go! )

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 17th, 2013 · 03:01 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
An improvement in your first attempts. It's often said less is more, with a couple of more subtle changes it will be close to perfect.
The intro is nice. The only thing I would change is the lead guitar melody lines. I would try and only play it in the spaces, not overlapping the vocal melody as they are fighting there place in the spot light so to speak. Keep the melody simple, but fitting to the rhythm and feel. I love the muted rhythmic lead that starts at about 1min into the song, maybe try the haas effect on that, panning hard left and right, it will give an overall bigger sound in the mix, but only in some parts as this is a nice intimate acoustic piece, which stands its ground.
One of your best songs. It's played and sung in a relaxed manner making it easy on the ear for the listener.
#3February 17th, 2013 · 10:25 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis last night after I uploaded this I had the same EXACT idea for the Haas effect with the muted rhythmic lead so I'm gonna try that I think and of course I'll only use it for the few rhythmic lead parts so that it doesnt overpower anything.

I see what you mean about less is more so I may think about tweaking the bits in some places so it conflicts with the vocals less. Thanks so much for your review, I highly appreciate it and value it as always
#4February 17th, 2013 · 12:54 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
30 posts
United States of America
The melody is wonderful, and I agree with Denis, that muted rhythmic lead is killer.  High rated
#5February 18th, 2013 · 12:18 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
YES!!!  This is my favorite recording from you and I love your voice in this one GREAT WORK!
#6March 13th, 2013 · 01:34 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Voice need more confidence and precision. Nice arrangement. Instruments are convincing
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.