#1January 18th, 2013 · 06:23 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It all counts (for nothing)

This song is not in a battle

This came to me after practising for a while... a simple song in A major.
I strummed, I strummed a bit more, and there it was.  The lyrics "fell" into my brain in the same way!
This was written last weekend, and recorded today.  A bit of a departure from my normal sound, but not much!
Hope you enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 19th, 2013 · 11:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This one certainly counts 

Great song Jim - your vox seem to improve on each upload, although the harmony vox could do with another take.

Often those songs that are created quickly with ease turn out to be your best of the mix.

The drum kit sounds like the standard EzDrummer kit, sounds a bit synthetic - have you tried the funkmaster kits, they are the most realistic and nicest sounding IMO.

I'd like to hear the Bass guitar cut through more, you could also make it more rhythmical, together with making the rhythm guitar in the chorus more round if that makes sense, just to give it a bit more lift from the verse.

Never-the-less I enjoyed the song - write more like this, I'm sure your audience will love it. 
#3January 19th, 2013 · 08:27 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
great song
Gotta love those ones that fall into the brain.First up really good vocal lead & Bvs great emotive performance and comfortably commercial it's heart and soul of the song . BTW imho this would travel well on country radio here in Oz.
The instrumental sounds authentic fine & could benefit from a look at the drum samples as Denis said .Only  suggestion is another instrument thinking either mouth harp or organ just floating about out there.
Really enjoyed
Thanks for posting 

#4January 21st, 2013 · 03:50 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for your comments and suggestions... and yes, the drums are EZ drummer so well picked out Denis! I  used some non-standard and very much adapted (or "home made") loops which worked ok, but I know what you mean about the sound.  What I really want is a real drummer!!!
Yokoinc, I hadn't thought of adding another sound, but you're right - harp would cut through nicely.  Good to know that it's a song that would travel well!
Cheers

#5January 21st, 2013 · 07:24 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice performance...much enjoy your voice...Recording sounds great to me!
#6January 21st, 2013 · 07:30 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hard to believe this song came as easily as you describe. It sounds really well-developed (really interesting composition, lyric content, rhythm, etc. It has all the characteristics of a real winner!)
#7January 21st, 2013 · 06:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: It all counts (for nothing)
Jiminuk wrote…
This came to me after practising for a while... a simple song in A major.
I strummed, I strummed a bit more, and there it was.  The lyrics "fell" into my brain in the same way!
This was written last weekend, and recorded today.  A bit of a departure from my normal sound, but not much!
Hope you enjoy it.
Jim your as star, thank the lard that your brain is as open as it is .... to receive such inspiration.
I love this song
It's so heartfelt and true.
I'm reminded of your song about a guy and his younger 'foreign' girlfriend or some set-up like that, well that had too much info somehow, this though is poetic, very relatable to, a lot of people will like this.
The chorus is so personal yet so 'any ones'
Reading the comments it seams like you're going to be re-recording this soon .... get it out there .... take it travelling
#8January 21st, 2013 · 07:25 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
pretty cool
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.