#1January 6th, 2013 · 06:10 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
27 posts
Egypt
The Verdict {Demo}

This song is not in a battle

Written & Composed by
M.Mahfouz- MyzyM

...this is from my demo album {Life: the touchable dream...}.

We are the people,
We are the flames,.
We are the victims of today, of tomorrow...and yesterday.

Appeal THE VERDICT of the LIGHT.

https://www.reverbnation.com/foxido

Thanks,
With all the love and respect,
yours
MyzyM

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 7th, 2013 · 03:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This has a slightly better mix than the'Lies (demo) track you just uploaded -  again excessive reverb and effects - Try the same technique mixing the song as I suggested before.
#3January 7th, 2013 · 06:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds a bit sharp on the eq and lacks some sound definition as the verb is muddling up some of the detail...I hear were you are going and I like...Im just thinking you need to find a better pocket between the reverbs and among the eq frequencies...Good show tho!
#4January 8th, 2013 · 02:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like ..... but your doing something I've done in the past and that is load on the effects, either to hide faults or to try and make it bigger , there is so much on top of this and the guitar is a simple strum I get the idea that it's hiding more.
A! Such a short dit .... are we not worthy of more ? A well you might be magga famous one day so it's only good you dont give us too much.

You've posted it now and Denis has spoken ..... listen .... it's bloody good advice ..... this sounds like soup and not a demo !
#5January 9th, 2013 · 12:54 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
27 posts
Egypt
Yes...
Thank you men, Denis, Marino, Kings.
Thanks for your comments,

yes i admit at this time i wasn't aware of the term muddiness, and that using much reverb will cause such effect, i was trying to get that professional distance STEREO sound i hear in commercial mp3z,  so thought by using reverb ill get the same sound ...didnt know that this is something else than reverb.

regarding the vocals, at that time i used chat mic for the recording of the vocals, my budget was zero, couldnt have any good gear to record, and also couldnt wait till i get them... just all i wanted was to hear my music anyhow, some how ...and only had a broken radio shack mic which wasnt good at all to use in vocals, it makes the sound so undefined and airy and bassy.

also, didnt have any experience about filtering or eqs, i only thought to mix the sound as it is by source, didnt know about cutting or boosting, or even that eq is that important for the track lines, thought it is only for the final mixdown.

I ASKED FOR YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING THE THEME, THE TUNE ITSELF...NOT ABOUT SOUND PRODUCTION,  im much thankful though.

thanks again for your advices,

hope you will like my new coming recordings.

myzym
#6January 9th, 2013 · 02:32 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Actually you didn't ask anything at all from what I can see on your song post...So we commented in all  that relates to the song "INCLUDING PRODUCTION I MIGHT ADD!"...Hope you dont think we are coming down hard on you..the whole Idea is to help each other move forward...and yes the song does sound like it has good theme...but in order to hear better where you are going clarity is Important!
#7January 9th, 2013 · 04:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hmm .... asking about a theme or song structure is a tricky one.
Especially when the production is so loaded with unnecessary effects.
I really admire your point of view ... get it sounding like the pros .... with the little knowledge that you have.
I can see my self in that ! lol
But now you know where to start on the production side of things .... tip : start with clean (unaffected) tracks and try to keep them that way until your totally sure.
That big sound you hear has more to do with the positioning of stuff in your listening sphere, then come things like live or studio 'sounds'
#8January 10th, 2013 · 09:55 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
27 posts
Egypt
Thank you.
Thanks for your advices, time and considerations real brothers...and that's an honor for me.

i hope that you will like my coming up recordings, which im currently working on,

may i ask you about the best DAW from your point of view, im currently using REAPER v.4, do you have any advices regarding the software i may use for recordings...or all are the same?!
#9January 10th, 2013 · 10:15 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
27 posts
Egypt
sorry...
...and sorry KINGS,

the short mp3 isnt about worthy or not,

but if we will measure it that way, i must assure you that you are worthy more than merely an mp3, you are  worthy more than a whole album, more way more than a whole punch of thousand albums, to me.
I'm so glad by having you as new friends...really.

the short mp3 thing was just about some commercial element & intention, in regards to distributing my demo, and if you listened to the whole demo, you will find that in fact there are full length tracks in the demo, and not all of them are just a short version songs...since demo albums { as a rule } consist of only 3 or 4 tracks maximum, in my case it includes more than 8 tracks, so i decided to make the main 4 demo tracks as full length songs, and the additional ones will be only short song versions.

Cheers
#10January 11th, 2013 · 01:51 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Thank you.
MyzzyM wrote…
Thanks for your advices, time and considerations real brothers...and that's an honor for me.

i hope that you will like my coming up recordings, which im currently working on,

may i ask you about the best DAW from your point of view, im currently using REAPER v.4, do you have any advices regarding the software i may use for recordings...or all are the same?!

The first thing you should consider in terms of improving the quality of your recordings is your audio interface, It is the HEART and SOUL of any recording. DAW's will not really have much of an impact, it's more personal preference.
So what audio interface do you have, and what PC/Mac do you have?
#11January 11th, 2013 · 04:16 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
27 posts
Egypt
No,
i dont have an audio interface, i just plug directly from my multi-effect { KORG } board line out to the computers mic in,

do you mean by an audio interface the MIXER?... i dont have amixer,

i just plud directly from the multi effect to the computers mic in...as i said before, i thought that the effect board will be a substitute for the audi interface part!!!

and i have a PC.

thanks
#12January 12th, 2013 · 04:23 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If you can end up with clear tracks , all is good.
What software audio editor do you use ?

O! yea! And have a very happy birthday     
#13January 12th, 2013 · 04:26 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Verdict {Demo}
MyzzyM wrote…
Written & Composed by
M.Mahfouz- MyzyM

...this is from my demo album {Life: the touchable dream...}.

We are the people,
We are the flames,.
We are the victims of today, of tomorrow...and yesterday.

Appeal THE VERDICT of the LIGHT.

www.myspace.com/foxidoband
www.myspace.com/foxido

Thanks,
With all the love and respect,
yours
MyzyM

lots of interesting sounds going on here .....
listened to it a few times .... tried my space foxldo ... but its flash

yep underneath all the fx is a busy piece of music trying to get out...

must admit i kinda like the reverb overload.... was a surprise

happy birthday too!!

welcome to the amp

swordfish
#14January 12th, 2013 · 07:31 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
27 posts
Egypt
Happy days for you too...
Hey, , thanks alot

Happy Birthdays for you too, and happy endless beautiful times...for you guys.

Yes, KINGS, I use Reaper v.4 as my current DAW, and i respect it, especially that it gives out a 64 bitdepth, instead of the popular 32 bitdepth in most of the other famous DAWS...

and youtube is full of videos which shows the abilities of REAPER v.3 and v.4...there are better DAWs im sure , though.

...SWORDFISH, thanks alot for your words,

and and my friends here, told me about the much use of effects in my songs, and ill try to avoid doing that in my future works, though im much thankful for your encouraging comments too, and its a surprise for me too )

Cheers,
and what do you think KINGS of REAPER, i need your comment about it. please.

Thanks again guys,
and wishing you the most beautiful days and time.

...can't wait for your replies.
you are becoming my new family now, and im much glad.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.