#1December 27th, 2012 · 08:47 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
WhenTheLightsGoOut Mix 1

This song is not in a battle

Another song I'm working on for the album.
So far what do you think of this one? Its one I wrote back in 2010. I'm thinking of adding some ambient keyboard/pianoishness before its finished. Or would that be taking away from the song?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 27th, 2012 · 09:13 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey Craig. Itīs a nice moodful ditty.
To your question :
You can add what ever your fantasy produces.
You wanna add some ambient piano? Add it, check it. What ever comes to your mind , try out how it sounds.
Experiment around, mess around. You are the creator of all your art, dude. There are no limits. Break rules, step into unknown realms, be courious and brave.
You wanna be a singer/songwriter with just his git? Be it.
You wanna be a composer, arranger, multi instrumentalist ? Why arenīt you?

You are the one and only being on earth who must love this song and how it shall sound. What is your imagination of this song? What shall it transport ? How shall it reach/touch the peops?

Another topic :
I notice your avatar shows a bunch of kiddies.
But now you are grown up to a good looking adult man and I think you should change and actualize this foto.
Your avatar should express, represent now your personality / indiduality/character as an artist on all your future projects.
This my humble advice.

U.L.I.
#3December 27th, 2012 · 10:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
My instincts is for it to go into a full band set up, grunge guitars with a rocky feel.
Or yes you could add some stringy chords, they will mix nice with the guitar riff.

Your instincts are your best bet, if you sense something whilst creating the song, go with it.
#4December 30th, 2012 · 07:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Tis a problem in deed .... probably where a 'band' comes in handy or failing a whole band you need to have a definite and clear vision of how it should be and then work relentlessly at it.

A bit like Iz in how he constructs the whole idea .... you know what I mean ?

This song could go anywhere .... the lyric is strong and you have a nice tune / rhythm worked out on the guitar.
I hear this remaining a simple vocal and guitar up to about 1:20 and then opening out into a full 'band' arrangement.
OR I'd like to hear the guitar riff becoming more complex and rolling at about 1:20, it could become a more integrated rhythm accompanied maybe by a simple drum and a bass.
ON THE OTHER HAND it is lovely as it is ... but then you could still consider 'upping' the riff somewhere .... and try a little distance from the, mic you do sound slurred ... like you just had a few too many beers!
You could keep the closeness but then articulate better.

Top score all round in any case
#5January 1st, 2013 · 02:12 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thank you guys all so much And yes ULI, thats exactly what I needed to hear. I always remember that I can do anything I want with it. That's the point of creating music. Its a complete expression of whatever I want!
So your guys comments helped get me moving again.

I've been playing around with this track for a couple days and I've got drums, bass, and synth and i'm so happy with the way it sounds. Probably I'll be uploading it soon if I can get a decent sounding mix

Much more coming soon and my goal is to be finished the album by the end of January or at the latest, the end of February
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.