#1December 21st, 2012 · 11:09 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
"Opposing Ideas" (instr.)

This song is not in a battle

Hey BandAmp! Here’s my latest effort. My tracks are getting longer and longer every
time... I’m a fan of soundtracks, so this track may reseble one. As usual, I’m staying instrumental (with one ninja vocal melody, that you will most likely miss due to how I mixed it). I made a video for the song, too, I’d recommend watching the whole thing instead of just listening to the song. Anyways, I hope you guys like it.
If you are interested in my music, follow me on my Facebook or SoundCloud pages, I’d really appreciate it and that’s where I put most of my updates. Without further ado, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8elp4fMiBAE

Here are the links:
http://www.facebook.com/martis93
http://www.soundcloud.com/martis93

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 21st, 2012 · 11:10 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania

#3December 21st, 2012 · 01:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Perfection is impossible to achieve, but you are pretty dam close - a pro told me that it's impossible to perform a perfect performance, each one sounds different, each one has different mistakes -  your out take actually is the best part of the video would you believe, true emotion and actions that cannot be substituted.
My best advice as a musician, is to record many takes, DON'T stop when you make a mistake just carry on right through to the end. The main reason for this is psychologically you are not putting yourself under any pressure from the start, you will be instantly relaxed. It's when you are relaxed that you can perform your best, make you more creative, play something impulsive, which will sound extra ordinary.

Great composition, love it when it brakes into the clean slow section.

WELL DONE
#4December 21st, 2012 · 01:19 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
How powerful this track developes into a hyperbolic soundscape and calms down again at the end.
This composition is worth it to listen to it several times. Just did it!

Great thing dude, great thing!
#5December 21st, 2012 · 11:43 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Great stuff, man!
The whole production is really good. I'd just tweak the clean guitar a bit; it sounds a bit sterile to me.

> Iz
#6December 22nd, 2012 · 02:56 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
Denis - thanks, I'm very serious about music so your words mean a lot to me. I've put the outtake in the video just for fun, it makes me giggle every time, I'm glad you liked it. I had been working on this track for a really long time and when it was almost finished, I started questioning it's value, but so far people seem to enjoy it even more than any of my previous music, so I'm very happy about that.

Triton - that means a lot to me, thank you! To think that someone would listen to it more than just once feels great.

Iszil - thanks for the comment! Yeah, I used to think that production doesn't matter and when I compare my recent music with my older stuff, I see how wrong I was about that. I do also think that the guitar tone could have been improved.
#7December 22nd, 2012 · 11:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Martis93 wrote…
Denis - thanks, I'm very serious about music so your words mean a lot to me. I've put the outtake in the video just for fun, it makes me giggle every time, I'm glad you liked it. I had been working on this track for a really long time and when it was almost finished, I started questioning it's value, but so far people seem to enjoy it even more than any of my previous music, so I'm very happy about that.

Triton - that means a lot to me, thank you! To think that someone would listen to it more than just once feels great.

Iszil - thanks for the comment! Yeah, I used to think that production doesn't matter and when I compare my recent music with my older stuff, I see how wrong I was about that. I do also think that the guitar tone could have been improved.

The fundamentals of bandAMP is musicians wishing to improve and the community helping us to achieve this.  I for one have improved and will continue to do so.  I also enjoy seeing other members challenge themselves and watch them improve.
Here's something I picked up from a respected songwriter who made a TV presentation on the BBC. You will improve much quicker if you produce as many songs as possible, it's easy to get bogged down on one song trying to improve it and make it perfect. In doing so you will create more music, although some of it is going to be rubbish, but there will be occasions when the magic is flowing and you may just produce a classic hit. This is what happens in the real world.  I have one major ambition, and that is to someday produce one song that will be recognised. The more songs I produce the more I learn, so I believe it's  possible.
You are young, keep up the songwriting and try to produce as many songs as you can. It only takes one hit to become a recognised songwriter.
#8December 24th, 2012 · 02:57 AM
7 threads / 6 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Very nice.   Like the drum beat.  Very atmospheric in almost a cureish was.  also unpredictable and fun to listen to.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.