#1December 6th, 2012 · 03:36 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Russia
Superstar
In collaboration with: Mike Malloy (Me) - Bass. Alex Shifrin - guitar, vocal and harmonica. Vlado Kostov - drums and percussion. Composition - Shifrin-Malloy.

This song is not in a battle

Our band is French Whore Named Babette and this is the first track from our album "Filth".  The song was recorded in V-Studios in Moscow.  Actually V-Studios is just a converted room in an apartment where our friend has a laptop, some SM57s and padding on the walls.  Pretty informal and a step or two above do it yourself.  We the did the production together as a band with the engineer, but we sent it out for final mix and master in Toronto.

Cool part is this song was licensed and used for a Head & Shoulders ad campaign in Russia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHiY8zLYGvU

Take a listen and tell me what you think.  I played bass on this, by the way.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 7th, 2012 · 02:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome to bandAMP
Love the raw edgy vintage sound.
Bass and drums work well together.
Love the little melody parts after the main riffs - I would have loved you to be more creative with it, but it's OK
My only critique is the sound and the mix level of the vocals,  overkill on the effect and a bit buried in the mix
#3December 7th, 2012 · 02:32 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
nice! reminds me of the stone foxes
#4December 7th, 2012 · 07:22 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Love this, excellent track.
The harmonica part is spot on.
My only critique would be the vocal ..... It should break out of the radio effect
...... starting with ... Break ! ..."I am a superstar" ... this should be 'in your head' not 'on the radio' !
#5December 8th, 2012 · 05:47 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Russia
Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback!  I tend to agree that the vocals have been a bit obscured with the "radio" effect, but that is one of those mixing compromises that happen when finalizing tracks in a team approach.  Sometimes it is better to have a dictator than a democracy in recording!
#6December 9th, 2012 · 04:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Pretty cool track, I like the vocals this way. Could've used some more tweaking but hey, fine as it is. Very nice to have your track used for commercial purposes!

Not sure about the name of your band though, French Whore Named Babette? Granted it does catch the attention, but it doesn't evoke any sense of musicality or any particular aesthetic. Good look, nonetheless!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.