91 posts
Malaysia
Liberation

This song is not in a battle

epiphany at last

Updated version:

http://soundcloud.com/jiexian/liberation

added a crescendo and changed the guitar tone and other small mixing tweaks
____________________________________________________________________________________

after hitting so many many dead ends, I've finally found an arrangement I'm happy with.

a v3 of this:

v2
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/9004.html

Somehow the limiter clipped in places that shouldnt. I set a ceiling of -0.3 but somehow it clipped in 1 spot where the intensity never reached that high >_>

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 5th, 2012 · 02:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I think at 1.05 the volume jumps up too quick, I'd experiment and make that part a crescendo, then when it goes into the next part 2.01 the drop is too does not go with the lovely soft acoustic, perhaps you can do the opposite and start fading into it or build up into a big climax and stop completely for a couple of seconds before the soft part comes in.

You must be getting tired of this song, in my experience and many other songwriters, it's best to just keep on writing new material, there is only so much you can do to improve a song, then you have got ask yourself was it worth all that time and effort when you could have produced other new material and in doing so possibly producing better work, even a HIT record.
#3December 5th, 2012 · 03:59 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
The crescendo is a really great idea that I should have thought of, but I tried the stopping but it doesn't work out for me.

I know that I've been putting too much time into this but actually I'm learning to use Ableton from scratch and the tiem spent perfecting every bit has involved learning about so many things. I'm not getting tired of it at all, actually I was feeling frustrated when I was going back to practicing flamenco...

I guess you don't like it, and I probably made you tired of this song if you've been listening to everything, sorry about that and thanks for your patience

But at least I'm done with it now and I've achieved my goal
#4December 5th, 2012 · 04:31 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
JieXian wrote…
The crescendo is a really great idea that I should have thought of, but I tried the stopping but it doesn't work out for me.

I know that I've been putting too much time into this but actually I'm learning to use Ableton from scratch and the tiem spent perfecting every bit has involved learning about so many things. I'm not getting tired of it at all, actually I was feeling frustrated when I was going back to practicing flamenco...

I guess you don't like it, and I probably made you tired of this song if you've been listening to everything, sorry about that and thanks for your patience

But at least I'm done with it now and I've achieved my goal :D

I never get tired of reviewing songs on the AMP, I like to see how musicians develop.
You can easily create a crescendo in your DAW by using a fade-in assuming Ableton has this facility - try this link
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55742
#5December 6th, 2012 · 02:40 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
That's great then Actually I realised that I didn't meet all of my goals after feeling dissatisfied because I wanted you to like it too

I already did a crescendo earlier with volume envelopes, going to check this out this method

Aanyway, I've been having other mini developed ideas on the side too, while concentrating on this so it's not that bad
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.