#1December 4th, 2012 · 06:51 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
War on for Your Mind (2)

This song is not in a battle

Remake of song. My first draft was put up here about a month ago. I'm going to solicit it to Alex Jones's "Infowars" radio show. Hoping he'll pick it up as bumper music. Alex Jones does the talking parts. I do everything else.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 5th, 2012 · 10:21 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Heavy going ... there's a snare hit that 'toms' and sticks out
If your in the right mood this is good, release a bit of anger ... 

#3December 5th, 2012 · 02:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice work
It's hard to pick out both the spoken and sung parts unless you turn up loud, as its for the Radio I'd make them easier to hear at low volume.
#4December 6th, 2012 · 02:53 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Russia
Interesting concept song.  I really like the idea and the general approach.  There is a powerful message here and the execution reminded me of the feel of the bridge part in Alice Cooper's "Elected".

The production does not do the project justice, though.  If the instruments were more distinct and less of a "wall of sound", the song would be a lot easier to get through and would make the powerful message come through better.  Similarly, the vocal mix detracts from the effect of the song.

In sum - this song is a great idea and a great project and with some production adjustments, this will be a really powerful piece of music.
#5December 6th, 2012 · 10:16 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
kings: a snare hit that toms? could you tell me at what time frame? Thanks for review.

Denis: I'm having trouble with hearing what you are. I listen with my KRK Rokit 6's and can hear vox/talks just fine during mixing. Then I listen on my regular Insignia speakers and can still hear vox/talks fine. Are they barely understandable to you or do you mean just bring them up a little more? Thanks for review and encouragement.

Crazyeelboy: I took a listen to that Alice Cooper song, and hear the resemblance. I think the layered guitar parts probably mess things up. I should probably do a better pan-job on the main guitar part too. How does the vocal mix detract? Thanks for the review and encouragement.

Any more reviews are appreciated.

Back to work...
#6December 9th, 2012 · 04:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah the idea is pretty good, but the mix really needs more work. Start with mixing the drum track without any other instruments playing and make it sound "big" till you're satisfied. Then the bassline and make it fit in to emphasize the bigness of the drums. Then take the guitars and mix them so that they are angry, heavy, screaming for attention, without drowning out the drums like they do in the current mix. The spoken word voice must come booming through, try using a filter on it to enhance it's signature frequencies to really paste it on top of the instruments. I want to hear every word clearly. Alternatively, like Ministry tends to do, you could really pinch the frequencies and give it a echo so that it sounds as if coming from a 1940's open-air broadcasting speaker.

Personally I'd go all out on processing the lead vocals, with modulation and panning effects while keeping the instrumentation pounding it out. In any case you've got some interesting material here, just gotta play with the mix some more!

Overall good marks so far.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.