#1November 21st, 2012 · 05:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sunrise 3

This song is not in a battle

I was working on a piece some months ago, never finished it.  It's in the Same key as the first part I uploaded, with this 'add on' it's looking Epic.  The second part is very rough many issues with my performance, so would need to re-record it.

My question is, does it fit, do the two pieces go together?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 23rd, 2012 · 03:18 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
did you use the progression of a part of stairway to heaven?

the start to 5:37 fits the title perfectly for me, though my only problem is that it doesn't take that long for the hero to walk into the sunrise (sunset ) and later on the credits appear and dies off at the end of the song

For a suitable "tragic" movie it's absolutely perfect because the credits summarises the movie (mood of the the first part), especially if there was a repeated theme being used.

I can imagine it being better being longer with a variation of the theme of the "credits" being used earlier.

don't know if it's what you're going for haha probably not

In isolation however, I don't like the part after 5:37, because you've killed the hopeful mood that you've set.
#3November 23rd, 2012 · 03:44 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
JieXian wrote…
did you use the progression of a part of stairway to heaven?

the start to 5:37 fits the title perfectly for me, though my only problem is that it doesn't take that long for the hero to walk into the sunrise (sunset ) and later on the credits appear and dies off at the end of the song

For a suitable "tragic" movie it's absolutely perfect because the credits summarises the movie (mood of the the first part), especially if there was a repeated theme being used.

I can imagine it being better being longer with a variation of the theme of the "credits" being used earlier.

don't know if it's what you're going for haha probably not

In isolation however, I don't like the part after 5:37, because you've killed the hopeful mood that you've set.

Yes I'd need re-title the song if these two pieces were to work.  The lead guitar in the second section was pure improvisation, the initial idea was to actually make it a vocal and only solo where the drums come in and yes I agree it needs to me even longer for it to sound right.

The was no influence of Stairway to heave, although I've had a critique before of another song I wrote which can be said of the same.

I'll probably leave the songs as two separate songs, but could keep them for an album.
#4November 23rd, 2012 · 05:56 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Dear god Denis this is absolutely beautiful from start to finish. Everything sounds fantastic. Great acoustic guitar tone, great lead tone. so tasty

Super totally freaking epic. Can't wait to hear the absolute final one man. I thoroughly enjoyed this
#5November 24th, 2012 · 12:02 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
It sounds pretty cohesive to me, actually.  It's definitely epic.

Beautiful lead makes me happy  

#6January 7th, 2013 · 06:12 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is outstanding Denis...Totally feel you on this take and Mix....Almost has a Spanish to Floyd feeling to it! Superb!
#7January 12th, 2013 · 05:26 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sunrise 3
Denis wrote…
I was working on a piece some months ago,never finished it.  It's in the Same key as the first part I uploaded, with this 'add on' it's looking Epic.  The second part is very rough many issues with my performance, so would need to record it.

My question is, does it fit, do the two pieces go together?

the leg bones connected to the thigh bone !!!

Lovely

Happy New Year
#8January 14th, 2013 · 08:59 AM
1 threads
3 posts
Canada
Pretty good, very emotional! I like the progression.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.