371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cool - Who's in the band?
#3November 14th, 2012 · 05:35 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hello..  Thanks for listening.  Theres just three of us in Down 61.  Myself Guitar and Vocals - Terry Skunkape, Bass Player - Joe Confinement and Drummer - Johnny Sparkles.  The last names have been changed to protect the innocent   haha.
After a long bitter breakup and separation between me and music I'm very excited about this band. We've been playing once or twice a week since mid summer. We all live close to each other, share similar musical tastes, are about the same age, and "gel" really well together playing live or learning songs. We've put together at least 12 songs I've wrote (some of the past ones here on BandAmp but they are more developed and changed with better bass lines and percussion) with 6 more songs on the back burner for now.
We are working on an 10 song studio project this month. I laid down all the clicker tracks last night and will be working on rough guitar and vocal tracks to follow when Johnny and Joe come in to do their parts. Then a re-do from me on the guitar and vocals and some fills.  I'll post the mixes when were done and I'd love it if everyone picked it apart and tell me how to improve it. I'm sure it will take me a while to mix and fix so it will probably be close to Yule by then.
#4November 15th, 2012 · 05:06 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SkunkApe wrote…
Hello..  Thanks for listening.  Theres just three of us in Down 61.  Myself Guitar and Vocals - Terry Skunkape, Bass Player - Joe Confinement and Drummer - Johnny Sparkles.  The last names have been changed to protect the innocent   haha.
After a long bitter breakup and separation between me and music I'm very excited about this band. We've been playing once or twice a week since mid summer. We all live close to each other, share similar musical tastes, are about the same age, and "gel" really well together playing live or learning songs. We've put together at least 12 songs I've wrote (some of the past ones here on BandAmp but they are more developed and changed with better bass lines and percussion) with 6 more songs on the back burner for now.
We are working on an 10 song studio project this month. I laid down all the clicker tracks last night and will be working on rough guitar and vocal tracks to follow when Johnny and Joe come in to do their parts. Then a re-do from me on the guitar and vocals and some fills.  I'll post the mixes when were done and I'd love it if everyone picked it apart and tell me how to improve it. I'm sure it will take me a while to mix and fix so it will probably be close to Yule by then.
Exciting stuff, good you found a way back into it and luck with it.
I'm thinking of doing something similar in a couple of years when my studio is built in my garden, although not sure if I will gig, but definitely get some musicians together and record an album.
Look forward to hearing more from you guys. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.