#1October 16th, 2012 · 04:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Anniversary

This song is not in a battle

I've been working on this since me and the Mrs celebrated our 24th wedding Anniversary on the 11th Oct. I'm happy with the composition. This was a quick take, may record it again.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 16th, 2012 · 05:35 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Very decent and enjoyable, on a level I can not comment on, in all its facets.

#3October 17th, 2012 · 05:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
Very decent and enjoyable, on a level I can not comment on, in all its facets.
 :star:
Cheers Max - I listened to it in the car, need to lower the bass guitar a bit, but then again I love the bass line in the solo, plus need to perhaps cut some bass frequencies and raise the upper mids and treble a little to make it more transparant.  Sounds OK at high volume, but can't hear the higher frequencies at low volume - need to find the right balance.

Also, I'm not happy with the bass line for the main melody, it's too close to the rhythm guitar and melody - they say less is more, Think I need to keep it more simple.  Also, I need to fill out the sound for the solo's - I may just add percussion because I like the bass line so much. Maybe a string sounding synth at low volume - I was thinking of adding Piano, but I'm not good enough yet, too fast...lol.

This is the second song I've created from celebrating a wedding Anniversary - If I had Seven Wives, I'd have albums coming out of my ear holes...lol
#4October 17th, 2012 · 11:29 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
First of all : HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Denis. 24 yrs.... Wow.

I like this bossa-style composition very much. Really good built up.
And yes, bass is a tad too loud.
And NO! Donīt reduce the bassline. Iīm also happy with it. Itīs great and fits totally.

And if youīd have 7 wives, you wouldnīt have any energy / time for anything else, less than ever for music making or hanging around in forums. 
.....................................oneīs enuff
#5October 17th, 2012 · 11:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
First of all : HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Denis. 24 yrs.... Wow.

I like this bossa-style composition very much. Really good built up.
And yes, bass is a tad too loud.
And NO! Donīt reduce the bassline. Iīm also happy with it. Itīs great and fits totally.

And if youīd have 7 wives, you wouldnīt have any energy / time for anything else, less than ever for music making or hanging around in forums. 
.....................................oneīs enuff

I like the Bass line in the solo's, but what about the bass line in the main riff, that's the part I was thinking of changing? -
#6October 17th, 2012 · 12:54 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Especially in the main theme it works good cos itīs played nearly unison. As you know I use this composition technique sometimes too. It gives a very solid, strong fundament and space for variations on other instruments. And thatīs what you did here. For me it works.
But this is just one opinion, letīs hear what others say.........
#7October 17th, 2012 · 12:56 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
I like being able to hear the bass because I can't hear it in the old jazz recordings and it's such a waste. It sounds fine on a cheaper earphone but heavy on one with bass boost. I'd suggest lowering down the lower frequencies. (oh wait you already brought it up)

The bass following the melody isn't too much of a problem to me because it's only the same during the main riff.

I've just paused it because the heavy lows are starting to disturb me haha do lower it.

Somehow I'm not used to hearing a song in this style with steel strings. I was expecting nylon or electric guitar.

Edit: Forgot to say happy anniversary!
#8October 17th, 2012 · 01:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
JieXian wrote…
I like being able to hear the bass because I can't hear it in the old jazz recordings and it's such a waste. It sounds fine on a cheaper earphone but heavy on one with bass boost. I'd suggest lowering down the lower frequencies. (oh wait you already brought it up)

The bass following the melody isn't too much of a problem to me because it's only the same during the main riff.

I've just paused it because the heavy lows are starting to disturb me haha do lower it.

Somehow I'm not used to hearing a song in this style with steel strings. I was expecting nylon or electric guitar.

Yes I too was thinking about recording with a Nylon strung guitar, but I was pleased with the sound from my Tanglewood Sundance dreadnought, it has such a nice tone - My Nylon stung guitar is a Cheap Valencia, I could try it out I suppose.
#9October 17th, 2012 · 02:11 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
JieXian wrote…

Yes I too was thinking about recording with a Nylon strung guitar, but I was pleased with the sound from my Tanglewood Sundance dreadnought, it has such a nice tone - My Nylon stung guitar is a Cheap Valencia, I could try it out I suppose.

its a GREAT TUNE....

fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 4:06 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.