#1October 11th, 2012 · 03:46 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Bargain WIP

This song is not in a battle

Hello again AMPers!

Emie and myself are now starting to record our next EP.  I pretty much have all 4 songs written on guitar already, but it's time to electronify them into Undercover Apple style.  This is the first track we've started to lay down digitally and it's called I'm Not A Bargain.  It's something I wrote about a year ago now and is a bit sad.  There's much more work to be done, but tell me what you think

Also, we recently sent in our first EP to BBC Introducing... A radio segment which plays indie and unsigned artists.  Out of the hundreds of submissions they receive a month, they loved our EP so much that within 3 days of sending it, they have invited us in for a LIVE STUDIO INTERVIEW   I'm trying to sort out the details of actually flying down there to finally meet Emie and be there for the interview, but Undercover Apple will be on the air live on Nov. 30th at 7PM on BBC's Beds, Herts and Bucks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 11th, 2012 · 04:52 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Bargain WIP
UndercoverApple wrote…
Hello again AMPers!

Emie and myself are now starting to record our next EP.  I pretty much have all 4 songs written on guitar already, but it's time to electronify them into Undercover Apple style.  This is the first track we've started to lay down digitally and it's called I'm Not A Bargain.  It's something I wrote about a year ago now and is a bit sad.  There's much more work to be done, but tell me what you think

Also, we recently sent in our first EP to BBC Introducing... A radio segment which plays indie and unsigned artists.  Out of the hundreds of submissions they receive a month, they loved our EP so much that within 3 days of sending it, they have invited us in for a LIVE STUDIO INTERVIEW   I'm trying to sort out the details of actually flying down there to finally meet Emie and be there for the interview, but Undercover Apple will be on the air live on Nov. 30th at 7PM on BBC's Beds, Herts and Bucks!

Now thats what I call a nice break!!!!
this track lovely by the way....  
Im not a fluffy cloud either haha

could u hoist the url for the radio stations .....
especially the live players if they have one
plus information if u might be on radio station podcast
 .... so we can listen live .... or later

also re post any broadcast times as you find them out ...so we dont miss it

could u try to mention bandamp in the interview ......... that would be cool

then backhand the bbc 20 quid to get me on too!!!! haha :)

looking forward to this
fascinated fish
#3October 11th, 2012 · 05:31 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Sudden end.... what a pity!

Like it very much. Good work!
Composition, arrangement, recording ... everything! Thanks for sharing
#4October 11th, 2012 · 08:31 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening guys! 

Fish, I will provide the details as soon as I get them

Triton, always a pleasure to have you litsen!  Sorry it had to end lol, it's still a work in progress.
#5October 12th, 2012 · 12:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice vocal - who is she?
congrats on the BBC taking an interest in your music - hopefully it will open up a wealth of avenues to get your music heard. The next hurdle will be on how the public respond.

Good luck and best wish for the EP..
#6October 12th, 2012 · 01:06 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Denis, thanks!  She's my band-mate Emie   She lives in the UK, I've never met her before in person, but we
Skype and sing
#7October 12th, 2012 · 02:04 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Sounds great. Love the vocals, really clear and they just punch out right at the beginning. Personally I don't like most electronica so that really drags it down for me. The light synthesizer beeps sound cool but I don't like that kind of buzz (I'm guessing there are more technical terms for this but I don't know them) that comes in around 0:25. The drums give it a nice pick up though. All around it sounds great, the lyrics are nice, your vocalist is great and the light harmonies help bring the chorus out a lot. To me it's just over-ornamented. Still overall great work. Cheers.
#8October 16th, 2012 · 02:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Bloody Hell Harry !

Go for it ... all the way

The two of you have hit the right note ... beautiful stuff

It SO VERY GOOD ...

It's the right formula for todays media  ... there are others around with the same kind of sound ... and they are making it, it's a beautiful, likeable, sellable sound 
Just keep on developing our own stuff, keep it clever and on the ball and quite soon you'll be showing people the way ....

Dont forget bandAmp, your friendly musicians community  
#9October 17th, 2012 · 03:49 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening DTF and Kings!

Kings, I definitely want to mention Bandamp while on the air
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.