#1September 26th, 2012 · 11:15 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Antheros - My First Song

This song is not in a battle

I wanted to share my very first song from Tuesday, April 3rd, 2002. 

I had gotten a Yamaha keyboard about a month prior and found a free program called Modplug Tracker (which I later used for the next 4 years of recording).  I never heard of Fruity Loops or Reason or Cubase.  Maybe they didn't exist yet lol!  All I know was that Modplug was FREE   So I ended up going from the headphone jack of the Yamaha keyboard and recorded .wav samples and mixed them.

Get your earplugs ready... It ain't pretty! 

I encourage everyone to share their very first track/recording/song if you still have it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 27th, 2012 · 10:33 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Will do !
I have a VERY similar beginning where computer music is involved.
A mate came around within the first few months of me owning a PC (2000) he had MadTrakker, I got into it .... but not really. He then came around a few months later with a pirated FL, it was in one of its first manifestations .... FL I did get into.
Though I think the first long playing piece I made was in Ejay, a free program with loads of 'TECHNO' samples

I really love the way you have a recorded diary, I've usually written and sung a few ideas.  

That piano really pops out.
A full piece and whole story it is.
It's pretty ... cool, for a 'dive in head first'
#3September 27th, 2012 · 12:43 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
EJAY!  I totally used that too!  It made me feel like a musician... Even though I didn't really do anything

Glad to see you tried out a tracker as well Kings!
#4September 28th, 2012 · 01:58 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad for your first attempt - some of the midi sounds, sound like a modern IBIZA rave classic. Who Knows, beef up the drums and add a wicked bass line - And DJ's will pump it out on the dance floor

My first attempt was around 1974 (14yrs of age) - phew 38 years ago recorded on a portable mono cassette recorder, and that was modern for the time too   - I believe I did re-master the tape, but there is no way I'm gonna upload it -
#5September 28th, 2012 · 02:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Antheros - My First Song
UndercoverApple wrote…
I wanted to share my very first song from Tuesday, April 3rd, 2002. 

I had gotten a Yamaha keyboard about a month prior and found a free program called Modplug Tracker (which I later used for the next 4 years of recording).  I never heard of Fruity Loops or Reason or Cubase.  Maybe they didn't exist yet lol!  All I know was that Modplug was FREE   So I ended up going from the headphone jack of the Yamaha keyboard and recorded .wav samples and mixed them.

Get your earplugs ready... It ain't pretty! 

I encourage everyone to share their very first track/recording/song if you still have it :)

wow i remember my first goes at midi recording  .... yours loads better than i ever did !!!
this is sweet especially if you remember where we coming from

oldie ... happy fish

im off to look for oldest track as i type!!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.