#1September 15th, 2012 · 04:12 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
Self Made Man
In collaboration with: none

This song is not in a battle

Self Made Man by Sean Magee, I haven't been here in about year and I don't have expensive software anymore, but I still write and record songs from time to time.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 15th, 2012 · 09:48 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
What a unique voice. I would like to hear part of this song with just one voice singing - for part of it, because your voice seems to have a very powerful quality that might be lost with the multiplication of vocals (was that a Haas effect for some of it?)

I also really liked the quality of the recording. The Guitar sound was nice to my ears, and the percussive marimba-like thing with soft back guitars gave it a low-fi, I-Really-Did-This feel that carried the point of the lyrics of the song.

Well done.

Again, what I was missing was that I wanted the personal connection with just your lone-voice for at least part of the song.
#3September 16th, 2012 · 03:06 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Most important thing for an artist is being individual, unique, nonconformistic. You are !!!
Slightly avantgardistic.
Funny, usually we reviewers recommend adding harmony- vox on some memberīs songs, cos some only sing one voice track. So that it sounds bit empty and non-accentuated in parts.
Here it is conversely : as Soni pointed out, when you reduce the coninuing second voice in parts the song would gain more structure / texture / dramaturgy. Also a variing chord progression can keep a song interesting.

Your vocal expression reminded me to some old "Sparks"-songs or so. As I said : individual 

U.L.I.
#4September 23rd, 2012 · 07:16 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Really like the backing guitars and marimba and as for your vocal performance well what can I say ... you got the chops good. Agree with excellent ears above .... with playing with 2 nd vocal here & there to enhance dynamics of the vox is the song.

light n shade 

Thanks for posting

gg
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 6:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.