#1September 6th, 2012 · 01:14 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Forget (Final Mix)

This song is not in a battle

So I've messed around with the mix and applied the tips and tricks that you guys told me and I think its the best sounding take I've got. I'm starting to record the music video now so it should be up on youtube soon. I can't thank all of you enough

and I had some people ask me before so I'll just clarify this time: I wrote and play everything in the song. and there is no cowbell. though I wish there was. :P

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2012 · 02:38 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Look look, our "Benjamin" has learned and is delivering a proper production here. Now your song sounds "round" to me.
Harmonically, musically mixed, good usage of effects, everything´s how it should be. 
BTW, if you´re using a drum program there must also be a cowbell onboard. Check out ya keyboard.
Otherwise you can use a cooking pot.

#3September 6th, 2012 · 02:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great Progress Graig - Has a nice live feel to it.
Time to move-on and work on your next project - remember the more you produce the more you will learn, much of it will come form yourself - trust your ears and instincts - if something does not quite sound right, change it straight away. you can't make something that's rough at source much better, so it's worth setting up your gear in a way you know that works, experiement and you will find what works best for you, in time you will  be able to produce even higher quality recordings - you are getting there - KEEP IT UP
#4September 6th, 2012 · 08:08 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Alright. So, I was nuts earlier, but I am glad that yesterday I was sane. Maybe *I'm* forgetting.

THIS backup vocals are rock solid, love the back and forth, much, much better.

All the other stuff is still true.
#5September 7th, 2012 · 03:22 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
WOW!  The quality of this track song is great

You definitely are on the right track sir!  Especially enjoyed the piano!
#6September 14th, 2012 · 09:51 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very very well done...Much enjoyed the quality and expression you gave this track!...tx for the share!
#7September 14th, 2012 · 11:14 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
really great progress man! voices are strong, mix is full and clear as possible. enjoyed the song!
#8September 14th, 2012 · 11:47 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Must have missed it then ... cheers M, here now !
Excellent.
The slight melancholy tone of the first half is again reminiscent of Morrissey and then it builds up into some proper Nirvana chaos
Like your words a lot, I feel I've read them ... though I cant find them in the lyrics forum.
I find the guitar solo at the end reverbed into a bit of a corner ... but it's ok
There is a cowbell ... it's in the last 'I cant watch you fade away' bit, but it's more likely a pop created by two sounds clashing in the mix ... or a pedal
Yes ... I've said it before, your a star ... shine on    

How about giving bandAMP a mention at the end of your youTubular video ?
#9September 15th, 2012 · 04:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow thanks so much guys! I really really appreciate all the feedback and all the suggestions I've got as well!

I just finished filming for the music video yesterday and I'm in the process of editing it now. Hoping it'll be up within the day or so. I'll post a link here of course. And you actually read my mind Kings! I was gonna have some mention of bandamp and I actually wanted to do a video talking about how great bandamp is for musicians who are just 'home-recorders' you know. Come to a community that will actually help you!

So yeah stay tuned!
#10September 23rd, 2012 · 07:08 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Great feel to the song like the build and the turnaround a sweet touch. Pop Pop Pop happy faces all around

great showing TK ...vocals are right in there

Thanks for posting looking 4rd to seeing the video its a creative blend pic and music so you are allowed to show off

g&y

#11September 24th, 2012 · 03:21 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Man, you've come a long way. I can also hear some similarities to Morrisey in your voice for sure. Are you a fan or is this just a coincidence. I think it'll play into your favour anyway cos the Smiths are eternally popular.
 I really like it. You must be pretty chuffed with it. Any progress on the video?
#12October 4th, 2012 · 11:50 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow thank you guys so much I actually didn't think this would do as well as it has! I was on vacation for 2 weeks in toronto and new york but I'm back home now and will be recording many more songs and I can't wait to start on my next one

I actually am a huge fan of the smiths as well as morrissey

Here's the video for you guys:

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.