#1August 25th, 2012 · 04:34 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
Relativity (instrumental)

This song is not in a battle

Here's what I've been working on since the beginning of August, and as promised, I managed to finish it before September. I'm a huge fan of instrumental music and that's what I write most of the time. I've put quite a lot of time into making a video, too, and I'd really appreciate it if you could check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvETjrzi2dU

Anyway, I'm excited to hear what BandAmp thinks of this, so feel free to leave a comment on your first impression!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 25th, 2012 · 06:04 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Really like it! Excellent quality recording. You're one talented guitarist and composer man, that was awesome.
#3August 26th, 2012 · 03:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Excellent performance, well produced - probably too clean if anything.

There is great variety, but I think you should work on the arrangement. The spacey part would make an excellent intro, building up to full dynamics. The clean guitar somewhere in the middle.

The drum programming reminds me of Marino here on bandAMP, extremely detailed - Great work.

What guitar are you playing in the video, is it a PRS?

Interested in your complete set-up.

Well done

*EDIT* There is a YouTube tab on this section - you only have to enter the code after the = sign  uvETjrzi2dU

#4August 26th, 2012 · 06:33 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This track combines different genres.... Jazz, Rock, Metal, Progressive
I love the calm part in the middle and where the guitar sets in. The time stretching seems to be relative somehow
Perfect recording qualtiy!

edit:
Just watched the video. Superb! and it accentuates my visions and imaginations what I liked to see for the calm part of this track
#5August 26th, 2012 · 01:55 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
Peter - thanks a lot man! These words motivate me so much! That's the best reward I can get for the work I put into my music.

Denis - I worked a lot on mixing all of this, this was probably the first time I did some serious mixing. I don't know how the pros do it, but for me it was sometimes a pain in the soft spot, I would keep changing things until I'd find a sound that I like, go to sleep and the next morning I would hate it. The arrangement is supposed to be like this, because different riffs are repeated several times, I thought the song would get boring if they were all next to each other, but I see your point, I think maybe the ambient part could've been a little shorter. Yes, the drums were programmed as carefully as possible, I've tried many things and listened to hear what works, thanks!
The guitar is a PRS SE Custom 24, the 25th anniversary edition (made in 2011) and the tone is coming from my Digitech GSP1101 effects processor. Thanks for your kind words!

TritonKeyboarder - thanks! I've tried to improve my overall recording quality and I think it's much better compared to my first video. The space clips are all made by my friend, so all credit goes to him for that.
#6August 26th, 2012 · 09:07 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
whats your facebook? Im sold, you mentioned collaboration, This track is full of goodies, SO are you taking classes, do you read how to's. are you a natural. What do you see yourself doing in ten years????? Great editing and mixing, An airy subtle synth in the higher registers might help with the clean thing dennis mentioned. I heard it a bit to, but dude you did an outstanding job on this mix. What daw did you use?
#7August 26th, 2012 · 09:16 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Man, Would it be wierd if I asked to see a screen shot of your daw with this song loaded,  Im so so so really digging this, damb dude this is some tight F&(*&^% SHIT. LOve it, Instant fan right here, so now did you play guitar and edit, Who edited, you mentions something about spaceclips? and a friend.
#8August 26th, 2012 · 09:17 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
im sharing on facebook some friends of mine will appreciate this
#9August 26th, 2012 · 09:34 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
No, the ambient riff is perfect, Im still in awe, I did a songlike this, it was when i was getting started, I didnt know jack shit but I knew I had to follow my gut and just go for it. I did and to me thats what your saying in your last comment. Dude your gonna go somewhere, If I was a studio owner I would so promote your work and hire your talents, if your doing this on a Newbie level, my friend your doing damb good. Mixing is an art, some have it some dont. You got it, Im impressed. I heard the attention to detail in the stereo placement and phasing, Get back to me if you would please on what Daw you used. Im thinkin Ablton or protools IDK anyways good job
#10August 27th, 2012 · 02:26 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Holy crap, thatīs some complex, sophisticated composition . Arranged and performed in a perfect way.
Impressed.
Love the variety in this piece, all the different aspects from speed-shredding to the calming, clean part in the middle.

Yes, PRS is always using beautiful finished tops on their gits. This kind of  "night blue" is a real eye catcher

U.L.I.
#11August 27th, 2012 · 03:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Martis93 wrote…
Peter - thanks a lot man! These words motivate me so much! That's the best reward I can get for the work I put into my music.

Denis - I worked a lot on mixing all of this, this was probably the first time I did some serious mixing. I don't know how the pros do it, but for me it was sometimes a pain in the soft spot, I would keep changing things until I'd find a sound that I like, go to sleep and the next morning I would hate it. The arrangement is supposed to be like this, because different riffs are repeated several times, I thought the song would get boring if they were all next to each other, but I see your point, I think maybe the ambient part could've been a little shorter. Yes, the drums were programmed as carefully as possible, I've tried many things and listened to hear what works, thanks!
The guitar is a PRS SE Custom 24, the 25th anniversary edition (made in 2011) and the tone is coming from my Digitech GSP1101 effects processor. Thanks for your kind words!

TritonKeyboarder - thanks! I've tried to improve my overall recording quality and I think it's much better compared to my first video. The space clips are all made by my friend, so all credit goes to him for that.

The composition is growing on me, the more I hear it the more I get out of it.  You put so much work into this, you indeed have to listen to it several times to appreciate it.  I'm getting used to the arrangement, but would be interested to see if you were able to create an intro that builds. 
This song is done, I suspect that you want to move-on and work on the next one, that's what I would do.  I believe you grow more as an artist by creating as many new things as possible - don't expect too much from yourself expecting your next song is going to be better.  We are mere mortals, every day is different, one day you may create an instant hit,  that's how it works in the real world.
So you have now learned how to produce a quality track, now your next challenge is to create hundreds more, and I mean hundreds. From your huge selection you can pick the best for an album.
Try and get your work out to your local community, Radio, TV etc and see what feedback you get.
#12August 27th, 2012 · 04:36 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
Wow! Didn't expect you guys to be that impressed, thanks!
Aaron - just like you, I hope to make it as a musician someday,, that's my biggest dream. I'm not taking classes, not reading how-to's, I think it's becoming typical these days for a guitarist to be self taught. I did go to classes at one point a few years back, yet even though my teacher is a great guitarist, I didn't learn anything new there, mainly because I didn't want to. I just went there to have a good time, I would talk to my teacher, play songs that I like, etc. I've a few instructional DVD's, so I've learned a lot from those. I use two DAWs, one being Cubase AI 4, which is a limited Cubase version, it came with my USB audio interface. I'm getting really fed up with it though, it's full of bugs and I guess the guys at Steinberg have abandoned it, since it's not used as widely as the full Cubase. I only use that to track guitars though, most work is done with FL Studio. I know a lot of people don't like it and say it's childish, but I think it's great. It was my first DAW, so I got pretty used to it and it does everything a DAW should, perfectly. But it really all comes down to preference, I think any DAW can get the job done, you just have to learn how to work with it. It's a bit of a hassle to work with two programs all the time, I'm considering changing to Reaper.
I did everything here myself. Recorded guitars, programmed drums, bass, some electronic percussion, synths, mixed everything, shot the video, edited the video. My friend modeled and rendered those space scenes in the middle of the song, so he only helped me out with the video.
I'm not sure if this is what you asked for, but here's a shot from FL:

ULI - thanks for your input. Yeah I guess if you go instrumental, you have to write stuff that is more complex or have a really catchy groove/melody., otherwise people would get bored. And about the guitar - it inspires me and that's what an instrument should do, I think. I look at it and immediately want to pick it up and play it.

Denis - actually, I used to have sort of an addiction for intros, any song I'd make would have a long intro, but I thought it would be cheesy if I did that to each of my tracks.
Yes, I'm figuring out ways to get myself noticed, so far people seem to enjoy this one a lot. Thanks!
#13August 27th, 2012 · 07:14 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Relativity (instrumental)
This is a great musical journey .... I think all the comments made earlier just about sum up anything I might have to say .....
I am truly impressed by your ability to pick up and run with such a complicated project .... And not give up while trying to bring all the strands together.... This in itself is a true gift ....

Next please .....

Relatively Spaced Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 7:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.