#1August 5th, 2012 · 11:08 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Aqualicia

This song is not in a battle

Today I want to share some of my portfolio work  

As I was growing up, my biggest inspiration was video games.  I loved the attention to detail that a lot of role playing games had to scenery and it really sparked my interest in music and composition.  I really wanted lessons as a teenager when I first started getting interested but my parents couldn't afford it, so instead they bought me a keyboard with keys that lit up to teach you chords and songs.  Thank you Casio for teaching me major and minor

I like turning off the music to my favorite videos games and writing the soundtrack for them.  Aqualicia is music for a coastal area or a village next to the shore.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 5th, 2012 · 05:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The percussion works perfectly with the music, did you programme this yourself, if so, well done, totally pro.
Great songwriting.
#3August 5th, 2012 · 06:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A very clear ambient production ... if I was into those sorts of game I could imagine it in the background ... it would have to be a nice game though, no shooting or driving around like a mad man !

The music dances and rolls around magically, infinitely light.
Well made that man, your doing what you like doing and you do it well.
#4August 5th, 2012 · 11:24 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Denis and Kings thank you!

Denis - Yes, I sequenced this song from scratch.  Oddly though, I did this almost entirely on a Fantom S88.

The Fantom's screen is really small (like 5-6'') and micro editing instruments was a nightmare.  I did this track back in 2005 so it's actually quite old.  At the time I didn't have access to modern style DAWs (and I still depend on ReNoise after all these years), so all the tracks were sequenced and records on the synthesizer and bounced as .wavs and mixed in ReNoise.  Tedious but fun I learned a lot!

I typically don't spend too much time on my portfolio work anymore since I love working on Undercover Apple songs.  I wonder how they would sound with what I learned and what I have now
#5August 7th, 2012 · 02:55 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Listening, imaginating pictures of japanese / asian environment and scenes as a tea ceremony, paper houses, cherry blossoms wide landscapes and all those archetypal chlicheés. Calming and peaceful atmosphere.

I wish IŽd be able to work with my keyboard as you do ( sequencing, programming, bouncing etc).
IŽm a real "digital dumbass". ...............................................................digitale Dumpfbacke

Btw, IŽd be glad about having such a "large" display as yours. Yamaha displays are pretty small. My old , blear eyes need a loupe for it. 

U.L.I.
#6August 8th, 2012 · 02:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Listening, imaginating pictures of japanese / asian environment and scenes as a tea ceremony, paper houses, cherry blossoms wide landscapes and all those archetypal chlicheés. Calming and peaceful atmosphere.

I wish IŽd be able to work with my keyboard as you do ( sequencing, programming, bouncing etc).
IŽm a real "digital dumbass". ...............................................................digitale Dumpfbacke

Btw, IŽd be glad about having such a "large" display as yours. Yamaha displays are pretty small. My old , blear eyes need a loupe for it. 

U.L.I.

I have the same problem, I think I've found a solution 
#7August 10th, 2012 · 03:54 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
I have the same problem, I think I've found a solution

The solution of one problem generates often a new prob.   

#8August 11th, 2012 · 03:21 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Aaaah   yup ..... This is the very new eye tool with USB 3.0

edit:
actually I wanted to say that the use of the sounds are very sensually. A perfect demonstration of how to fulfill own ideas.
#9August 12th, 2012 · 01:49 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
LMAO That's awesome!
#10August 13th, 2012 · 03:49 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Again astounding work. This is the calibre of work I would expect to hear in a game like the Final Fantasy series. Great job dude, 0 criticism from me.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.