#1July 31st, 2012 · 02:57 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Analog Envy (WIP)

This song is not in a battle

Here's a track that's currently being recorded/sequenced.  The song is called Analog Envy and it's about a robot who visits a cardiologist because it thinks there's something wrong with its heart.  Unfortunately, he's not really a person.   The lyrics are really just the conversation it has with the doctor.

The first half of the WIP is my acoustic recording just to get the idea down and the second half is my sequenced version (of what I have so far).  I'm trying to make the song as quirky and electronic/squared as possible to represent our poor robot friend   Emie will be singing the song and I'll be joining in as harmony.

Analog Envy

Doc please say I'm okay
My digital heart has analog envy
Viruses or program change
My cogs and gears feel different in me

Scan my circuit board
Memory banks and tangled cords
I'm... Alive...

An uncommon case of jealousy
Of human-like emotionality
Transfered to cardiology
Result are still the same..

I swear I feel a beat within
My intent is still in questioning
I just want to be your friend
If not then that's a shame
I'm... Alive...

Doc I swear I'm feeling strange
My digital heart has analog envy
A solid state under little strain
Remotely someone's changing my entries

Take a look inside of me
I'm... Alive...

Transfered to cardiology

[bridge]
I'm alive, constructed beautifully
Booting up in 1 - 2 - 3
Loading.. Loading.. Loading...
Loading complete

I'm alive, well at least I think I am
Storing thoughts beyond the RAM
Logging.. Logging.. Logging off ...
I'm going to sleep

Transfered to cardiology

I'm... Alive...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 1st, 2012 · 03:04 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Have you seriously tried writing to movies, or creating one?
I'm sure you would have a natural take to it.
Great creativity - interesting - fresh
#3August 1st, 2012 · 03:24 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I absolutely love how all of your songs have a point! They all tell a story, they are all about something! And usually they are about some quirky and abstract idea. I love it! Don't stop that! I agree with Denis about the writing for movies or even creating one. Some seriously cool music videos to your music would be the bomb. 

As for this WIP in particular, first off I love that you are sharing it with us. Love the acoustic first half and the way it feels, and the second part is TOTALLY 8-bit glory amazingness fully emphasizing a robot who thinks he has a heart. I really look forward to this song and many more to come!!!

You guys have this definite quirky/abstract style and I love it!!!  
#4August 1st, 2012 · 11:12 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yeah this is lovely again,
just stay aware words and music not always need any logic ?
#5August 1st, 2012 · 11:25 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thank you gentlemen for the listen!  I'm gonna see if I can get a cellist/violinist in on this track instead of using software strings

Denis -As for writing movies - That sounds really difficult lol!

Kunadian - Every song I write has an acoustic rough draft.  Maybe if I'm brave enough, I'll share the ones for The Door Maker, See You In The Sea, and Leaflette

MaxdB - You know what, it would be fun to go all BECK on a track!  Like, shave your face with some mace in the dark abstract
#6August 1st, 2012 · 08:08 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Really love that song great lyrics and the mario break is so good
thank you for posting
you put a smile on my face
#7August 5th, 2012 · 10:03 AM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
Love a good story
Very nice until...

I think the electronic bit a the end is, well, superfluous. You got a really melodic, folk story telling thing going on with a unique voice and very good feel. Just end it on a chord at 1:10... 

That may be my bias speaking as I am not really an e-Music kinda guy, but anyways, that's my $.02.

Nice job.
#8August 5th, 2012 · 11:01 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening VincentL and Tom!

Tom, the track is actually two separate ideas.  The acoustic recording is my rough draft (which is how all my songs start, a few simple chords and lyrics) and the second half is my work-in-progress electronic version.  They are by no means supposed to be together in the actual song and I wouldn't have the guts to do that lol

I know these sounds aren't for everyone but I definitely appreciate you listen and not skipping them like most others would  
#9August 5th, 2012 · 07:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes you do .... you do have the guts .... their about 8m long !
This track is superb.
I was reading the lyrics as you sung ... went into the second part and no more vocal ... there's me hanging on the next verse to come in!
Make the second electronic part longer .... put the lyrics to the track ... some robot effect on the vocal and bobs your uncle, you have a hit
I love your poetry and that you put it so well, wonderful story wonderful words:
"Scan my circuit board
Memory banks and tangled cords" .... lovely
You have a very good singing voice, you know how it is meant to sound ... and you make some bloody excellent music too ..... !

Haven't you got work to do ? 
#10August 5th, 2012 · 11:18 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
LOL King, as I stated in the opening post, they're actually two separated ideas but I just wanted to show my train of thought.  I'm actually not planning on singing this song, I think I'm going to have Emie sing it because the idea of it being a female robot adds a nice twist.  Maybe I'll join in on the chorus or something

I'm a real quiet singer and I love writing quirky stories like this.  I'm glad you like my voice though Cheers!
#11February 13th, 2013 · 07:59 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
30 posts
United States of America
I am genuinely envious of your poetry, it draws me in like few artists do, and your guitar work is wonderful. That being said, why you leave me hanging at the end? Was completely engrossed and waiting for the next verse and it never came. :/ Still very impressive work sir.
#12February 15th, 2013 · 11:48 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Silassugg! Thank you!  I enjoy writing   I'm actually not going to sing this song, but my partner Emie will.  The guitar was the rough draft, and music was an idea.  Who knows how the actual song will sound, but it should be done some time this summer along with our next ep!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.