#1July 30th, 2012 · 01:45 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
Season of Autumn V1

This song is not in a battle

Most definitely the first mix of many on this one haha.  Another love song of sorts *broken love song*.  Girl leaves guy, guy doesn't understand what's wrong with him, guy still wants her back, chances are, guy isn't getting her back.  Sappy I know... hahaha.

I have lyrics for the chorus but they just don't seem to fit with the strumming and the strumming, to me, just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the song.  It could be just me so I figured I'd post it and get some creative input.  Hopefully you enjoy what I do have!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 30th, 2012 · 02:18 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The song has got great potential, but needs re-working.
The guitar is out of tune. Sounds like you DI'd it, try micing it up, it will sound better.  I like the tone of your vox, but you are holding back, probably because you are not taking enough air and letting out evenly. 
For the chorus, you might try repeatedly listening and singing to the backing track until you get inspired - this method works great for me, all you need to do is relax, enjoy yourself and it will come to you without even realising it.
If you need help recording your acoustic there are tutorials here on the AMP, YouTube, and the net.
Keep at it, I look forward to hearing V2
#3July 30th, 2012 · 02:42 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
I like the synth assisted intro... It's a very sombre sounding song, and I think that synth fits well. I feel it has a lot of potential.  Good tips from Denis above... The guitar playing could be tidier and improved as well, but that will come with persistence and practise. The song's maybe a wee bit too long, or conversely not enough happens in the song to keep the listener interested throughout the duration.

Good first mix but room for improvement.. bring on V2 

Ian
#4July 30th, 2012 · 07:12 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
The synth is actually my guitar using an E-Bow....  I loved the sound in the intro and song, it seemed to fit so perfectly.  Thanks for the input so far.
The guitar was direct imputed as I seem to get a cleaner more even sound.  Don't really have a good microphone, just my Logitech headset and a $10.00 mic I bought from Walmart (First Act  MVM-88; Dynamic Unidirectional).  I'll try and see what happens.
#5July 31st, 2012 · 12:39 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I really like your guitar effect!  It really does sound like a synth pad or some sort of electronic hum/whistle.  I agree that there's a great idea going here.  Tightening some of the guitar will help it to shine a bit more.  I'm a fan of whispery and airy vocals (I sing the same way), and I'd like to see where you take this from here Cheers and keep it up!
#6July 31st, 2012 · 07:51 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Do you shout ?
It might help sort out the girlfriend thing ... but it would definitely help you get to your voice.
You need to find your greater dynamics.

Love the bow though it could have had a lot more presence in the song, tis but a short woowheewhoo

Yes tighten the guitar .... develop the whole piece ... dont know about chorus that dont fit, I cant hear it !
Maybe it's just not meant to be part of the song ... or maybe it is your own creativeness ... points mean prizes ... more balls means more possibilities, as it is it sounds too hart broken to go into a different tempo or a 'this is what I really want to say' chorus.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.