Sleep, Darling Sleep

This song is not in a battle

new song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 28th, 2012 · 11:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Superb vocal performance, this is one of your best performances - I love the feel to the song, the reverb type really suites voice.
If I where to critic, please pan the acoustic rhythm guitar slightly to the left so that your vocals become literally the center of attraction.

Beautiful - Keep it up
#3July 28th, 2012 · 01:22 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I would like to hear your voice without or with minimum effects on it. That would bring more deepness to the whole track. And you could use the Haas effect that I just read in a post by Denis few minutes ago. And please (!) don't fade out. That's what I have to say about the technical part of the track.
If I were in bed as a baby and couldnt sleep, believe me, I would fall into dreaming. Lovely song
#4July 29th, 2012 · 01:51 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Nice lullaby. I liked the intro.
Song´s a bit long, missed something like the intro in the middle of the song to loosen up the structutre.

U.L.I.
#5July 30th, 2012 · 02:20 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
I love the lead guitar at the beginning. Can I hear paper rustling and pencil scratching on paper? sounds cool whatever it is.  I think you're improving at producing your music. I'd normally agree with TK about fading out as a general rule, but I personally think it works in this song cos it's a lullaby, and the song sort of drifts away as sleep comes... not literally, i'm still awake 
#6July 31st, 2012 · 12:42 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I really love how your voice can be haunting at some of the quieter points and take center stage on others.  This song has really does feel like you're drifting away.  Great job!
#7July 31st, 2012 · 08:08 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Totally blissful
My comments : Make it a longer and stronger fade out ... make a point of it ... really go out on the Ooos
The chorus has just lodged it's self in my head ... so the song does work
The paper sound is a bit odd but the flanged guitar is lovely.
I dont know about it being a lullaby though ... you'd wake up and listen at the first chorus.

Lovely stuff ... keep on doing it.
#8August 28th, 2012 · 08:30 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Thank you guys for the feedback.
#9August 28th, 2012 · 12:13 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Great song. I like the changes in dynamics of your voice. The lack of heavy compression is good here.
Very soothing.

Production-wise, It sounds that the picked guitar is mic'd through the internal pickup, could just be my speakers, then it is run direct into the board.

This is an intimate song and I would like to feel as though you are playing the guitar next to me.
It would be nice to hear an additional mic placed in front of the guitar, and then blended with the internal pickup to make a more complete sound of what the guitar is. Maybe something basic and crisp, like an sm 57, but anything half decent could work. I also suggest playing with different mics and placement (fret board, opening, or a few feet away for room feel) to get the best sound for your song.

Very great piece here.

The subliminal appearance of voices (back up vox) is bleeding through (I think around 4:35). Probably not intentional. This is a rough draft, and it's working out so far.

After consideration I think you should not fade this song out. It should end and be done.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.