#1July 24th, 2012 · 03:50 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Leaflette

This song is not in a battle

Leaflette is a song about a girl who watches a tiny leaf through the seasons. 

Undercover Apple is an electronic indie pop duo from CA/UK.  We met online by chance through SoundCloud and decided to write songs together.  I have never met her in person, but we Skype 2-3 times a week and write songs together and email the samples and recordings to each other

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 24th, 2012 · 03:55 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
nice intro...wanna say almost celtic in feel...Very good production and performance...very nicely done!!!
#3July 24th, 2012 · 04:02 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Funny you should say that Marino, unknowingly, I accidentally increased the track speed by 200% a few days ago and it REALLY sounded like an Irish jig.  Your senses are extremely keen
#4July 24th, 2012 · 04:39 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Amazing start on Bandamp. Gorgeous sounds and well produced. Welcome!
#5July 25th, 2012 · 02:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great Internet collab. Enjoyed listening.
Here on bandAMP many quality collaborations from a variety of gifted musicians.
Welcome to bandAMP
#6July 25th, 2012 · 02:15 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening and the warm welcome guys!  Looking forward to discussing more music!
#7July 26th, 2012 · 05:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes welcome to bandAmp.com
This song is quite amazing .... did my nut in the first time through the headphones ... it kind of melted my brain ... it's very windy at the top ... it's much clearer through the speakers.
Very good stuff .... what it's ALL about I suppose ... internet collaborations.

Very good show
So do you have more music made together ?
Found anyone to make a video for you?
#8July 26th, 2012 · 11:59 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Wow thanks for such kind comments King!  I do have some more tunes (I have an EP coming out next Tuesday).  I didn't want to be one of those guys and joins and spams the forums so I'm trying to make more comments and reviews before I post more

I love collaborating with Emie, she's quite intuitive and when I give her an idea she flies with it!  Interestingly enough Leaflette was written by myself nearly 4 years ago.  I had a short acoustic recording and it sat in my poetry archive for quite some time.  All my electronics songs start as an acoustic recording.  I had worked on other musical side projects and I didn't really care for vocal stuff at the time.  After quitting my job (I was a Geek Squad supervisor with Best Buy for 5 years) I decided to change things up a bit and went on the hunt for a singer.  Serendipity struck while I was looking for a Ben Cooper song on SoundCloud and came upon her page   We're planning to release an EP with 3/5 songs every 6 months so the next EP will be due around Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

As for a video, I've always wanted to make one for this song in particular and I'm working with a production team in the near future to discuss this more.  Thanks for listening!  I'll post the other songs here from the EP
#9July 27th, 2012 · 12:48 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
First off: welcome to Bandamp!! You'll love it here.
Secondly and most importantly:
THIS IS AMAZING.  Really really well produced, great sounds...I mean yeah. Its great. and that's so cool you've been able to do this over the internet and never have even met in person. You guys sound great. You get ten bonus points for having to do this miles away from each other.

And I see that you guys already have an EP out? Definitely not surprised. and that's really awesome so I'm going to try to find it. Is it on amazon? If I buy digital music I always get it from amazon. (Don't like iTunes what with the DRM and not being able to actually OWN your music crap)

Really great feel, really great track, great music. I love this. Great song. and dang she can sing.
#10July 27th, 2012 · 02:52 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks Kunadiun   The EP is actually coming on next Tuesday and will be available on Amazon!  If you can support us it will go towards the next EP.  If not, just let me know and I'll email you the songs.  It's about the music in the end.  Thanks!
#11July 29th, 2012 · 02:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Can´t ignore the celtic influence here. Greets from ENYA. 
Again some romantic, melodic New Age production. I like the leadsynth you´ve hidden in the melodyline.
Then the change to 8-bit-style is kinda genius.

Would like seeing Emie introduced here by herself as one part of this talented duo.
Perhaps you can coax her saying "hello" to the community. No reason to be shy. 

U.L.I.
#12July 29th, 2012 · 05:58 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
welcome to the amp. this is exactly what the site needs, new (and talented) folks who actually post and review without disappearing after one song.
like everyone's said, this is great. both singing and production. You've got something good going on here between you guys. The style of music isn't my fav... is a bit too 'happy' for me to listen to regularly. but that's just personal taste, it's still brilliant. I can hear the celtic influences, but I think I associate this more with the kind of music coming out of Japan in anime. I could totally imagine this in a studio ghibli film.
Anyway, well done and looking forward to hearing more

Ian
#13July 29th, 2012 · 11:08 AM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
Super Cool.  Welcome to Bandamp.

The production of this piece is great. I really like the ethereal feeling, although I'm a more acoustic guitar kinda guy :-). 

It makes me picture a movie scene with a panoramic shot of rolling green hills, a lone horse with a rider -- a long missed lover returning home...

Cool stuff, keep it up!
#14July 29th, 2012 · 12:28 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
ULI, IanS, and TomFool, thanks for listening!

I wonder if Enya is a fan of 8bit  

This style of music is pretty happy hahha! My friends even say that when I write sad songs they sound upbeat and happy.  Undercover Apple is 1 of 3 aliases I use and this one is specifically used for my electronic vocal music.  I'll share some of my one shot acoustic/vocal work if you guys have ear plugs

I honestly didn't think about the Celtic influence until the song was almost finished.  It must be all that Kobialka and SoundScape CDs I've been sleeping to.  Cheers everyone and thanks for the great feedback and imagery.
#15October 11th, 2012 · 05:49 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Leaflette
UndercoverApple wrote…
Leaflette is a song about a girl who watches a tiny leaf through the seasons. 

Undercover Apple is an electronic indie pop duo from CA/UK.  We met online by chance through SoundCloud and decided to write songs together.  I have never met her in person, but we Skype 2-3 times a week and write songs together and email the samples and recordings to each other :)

ive just found you

first of all a belated welcome to BANDAMP from me
enjoy the community
wow transatlantic songwriting love it
perfect production from the start ........ now that is unusual here!!

so how does that happen????

swordfish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:02 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.