#1July 24th, 2012 · 04:18 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Got new reverb pedal

This song is not in a battle

Got a reverb pedal and a pal posted a great backing track, so why not record something ...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 24th, 2012 · 11:33 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Opening piano part sounds reminiscent of Elton John's Rocket Man. Smooth sound on the guitar + good technique. In general I have enjoyed the recording; would love to hear a song built around the melodic concept presented here.
#3July 24th, 2012 · 12:33 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Delay and reverb my favorite effects and the reverb was exicuted perfectly. Love the mixture of distortion and reverb. A nice ride. Thought I was listing to pink floyd at first. Well done sir.
#4July 24th, 2012 · 01:44 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I like the sound of the organ.

btw good skills and sound on the guitar

but after almost 5 minutes solo I get the feeling that your guitar has to breathe again and your fingers get out of control
#5July 24th, 2012 · 02:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice sound on all the instrument, good production.
Would have liked to hear more variation.  Vox would be nice.
The lead guitar is pretty good, if you played less notes and concentrate on the expression of the notes more, it would be even better.
#6July 24th, 2012 · 03:29 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Great guitar work!  I wish I could play as well as you did on this track

What kind of keys are you using?  Physical or software?
#7July 24th, 2012 · 04:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice tone and feel as always...Prolly your best effort yet...Much enjoyed tx!!!!
#8July 24th, 2012 · 05:45 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, like sword says its very reminiscent of the floyd sound, not just in your playing but with that lovely organ sound as well. great build ups and song structure. A great track and has lots of potential if you did want to make it into something more.  brilliant stuff.
#9July 25th, 2012 · 05:09 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Many thanks for the listening and your comments to all That's why bandamp is such a great place.

Few notes:
@Triton - fully agree - 5 minutes is rather long - unless there are dramatic changes in the mood/direction/etc of the backing track - it is rather uninteresting. Now that's 1.5 half take (i.e. listened to the half of the track before taking it on) so I still consider it improvisation.

@all with reference to Pink Floyd - you got it right - my first title was New Pinky Jam

@UndercoverApple - I am not really sure - since I haven't done the backing - but sounds really good - I think it is software though.

Thank you again.
#10July 29th, 2012 · 02:21 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hui, this pedal makes a fine, full and rich tone. Seems you used a delay here, no reverb, right ?
Please, let us know which pedal it is.

U.L.I.
#11July 30th, 2012 · 02:24 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Hi Uli,
Was a reverb pedal - Boss RV5 - it's a cliche, but this particular Boss is rather cheap reverb pedal doing a great job, as Boss always did.

Delay was further added in the mix - it is ECOX plugin from Samplitude DAW. However, it is very transparent. Tone is not changed - it is basically what comes from the amp and the Boss reverb. Just a few short repeats added in order to make it more "ethereal".
Glad you like it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.