#1July 20th, 2012 · 12:45 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Made by Gratitude

This song is not in a battle

An older song of mine that I recently redone. Simple guitar track with some vocs. Kinda like its rawness. Some of the lyrics could be better synced but I like how it sounds. This song is dedicated to Beck, one of my top favorite bands. Just my way of saying thanks for all his good music.

Your songs have done well.
Helped me in times of hell.
Gives me the feeling,
of going, on a mystic journey.
Now before me a destiny.
I've got a place to be.
They might say its crazy
but I can imagine how you see
that we shouldn't take life so seriously.
It's ok to day dream.
Thats when I am most free.

I hope one day I can do the same.
For someone who has lost their way.
Needing a crutch to get through their day.
So lets all say...
Thank you for teaching me(3x)
Cheers Beck!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 20th, 2012 · 05:07 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
I like the vocals when you bring in the harmonies, especially at the end where it sounds like an ethereal choir, that's very cool. The lyrics (or more the way they're sung) aren't doing it for me... it's a little drawn out and maybe not enough emphasis on the flow/cadence/rhythm of the piece. But I don't necessarily think you should change this... It's your song and it's how you want it to sound... I can tell there's alot of effort and passion gone into it and I think you did a good job.
#3July 21st, 2012 · 04:13 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I second Ian here about vox : lyrics are great and when the harmony chant starts it sounds very nice. But the "solo vox" parts give me the feel of lacking in self-confidence somehow. I miss a bit ........?? .......strength ...??...... power.... ??..... ...expression..?? 
Let it out !!!

U.L.I.
#4July 24th, 2012 · 03:44 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
hmm guess I could up my game more huh? I'd admit Im still learning with mixing down and getting levels right. Recently me and my friend bought a mixer and we're still tinkering with it. Im so use to using headphones that I forget to listen to it on normal speakers. Dont realize how mudded it sounds. Might explain the lack of expression. Maybe listen to it again with head phones and you'll be hearing more what I hear. But I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
#5July 24th, 2012 · 03:46 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Very melancholy and I really enjoyed the harmony work as well.  You have a very dreamy sound that I really enjoy about some of my favorite indie artists!
#6July 24th, 2012 · 03:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Good one Sword..Good feel and performance...Wish you could bring this closer to an intimate production !
#7July 26th, 2012 · 07:47 AM
The monotone vocals work really well with the guitar, I like it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.