#1July 19th, 2012 · 12:37 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
Melancholia

This song is not in a battle

Before I release a new song, I go back and listen to the songs I have released prior to this. I listen for the way that I go, and I hope that you can agree with me that I am growing.

This piece is one that I had to step out of my comfort zone for. I normally love driving bass, rough synths, and 150 BMP. This track is, in my mind, just another electric track. I did want something I can just lay back to, but I don't like this genre of music because you almost never feel a melody.

But nevertheless, I still like the song because of the fact that I was willing to step out and try it. I think I did an alright job at producing a genre I know nothing about and I look forward to listening to your guys' critiques.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2012 · 01:00 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
It ain't my genre either, still I think you did a great job, in a way I like it anyway..
a breakdown would have been nice i guess.., building it up again to crescendo...
production is loud and clear!
#3July 19th, 2012 · 02:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The arpeggios a nice, if you lower them in the mix you would be able to add a melody line.  I sense that a melody with long notes would fit nice. Funny the tempo seems very fast to me more than 150bpm (could be I'm feeling it's double time?), what is the tempo out of interest?

BIG SOUND
#4July 19th, 2012 · 03:29 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
The tempo was set to 137. I mostly had kicks on the half notes. I did try to 'speed it up' by adding the arps which I believe were set to 16th notes.
#5July 20th, 2012 · 10:24 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I can hear the creative aspects but feel that there is some over compression issues and for sure some eq and stereo field placement issues..As far as I can tell technique is there given the fact that you can automatize the Bpm towards the end(Call it a sign of tech knowledge)Again other than that you are lacking a hook and built for the genre IMO!
#6July 21st, 2012 · 06:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool, it does revolve around the same arp loop ... but amazing sound it is never the less.
I liked how the beat came in and I liked how it broke down slightly at 2:00 .... I'd say you need to look for the story in the instruments and sounds.
#7July 22nd, 2012 · 02:11 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Clear, loud and detailed produced. Sounds pro.
But it´s rather repetetive coz you´re using just 3 chords which were  just varied , but not changed.
That makes me loosing attention and interest after a while.
I´d say the track needs changes, variations, breaks, surprises..........something  to keep it attractive to listen to.

U.L.I.
#8July 24th, 2012 · 03:39 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
The intro arp has a very glass feeling as if I'm looking into a melancholy person's thoughts.  Overall, I thought the track was a bit repetitive though it definitely kept me listening.  I enjoyed the drop you had at 1:13 and felt that'd be a great place to change the song's direction a bit   Cheers and keep it up!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.