#1July 11th, 2012 · 04:57 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Polyester

This song is not in a battle

This is part of the demo my band recorded a couple months ago.

This song has one of our "heavier" choruses.  Not to say that they are actually that heavy but for the stuff we usually do it is. Definitely more of a Nirvana influence on this song.

I drummed on this one so I hope they are at least a little bit better then in the previous songs I posted on here. Though, the guitars get a little screwy at some points but...whatever.  Haha!

If you wanna listen to more of our demo you can check it out on our soundcloud: http://souncloud.com/likenoise

Tell me what ya think!
Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 12th, 2012 · 02:27 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man you guys have some good skills in composition and individual sound recording..The only gripe is the independent levels of instruments in the mix and the timing issues within instruments..Tighten things up,level the mix and you guys are set for the next level!
#3July 13th, 2012 · 02:38 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
The guit-riff is quite catchy. Energetic song.
There are few timing issues to eliminate and vox is much too low in the mix and hence hardly understandable.
You´re on the right path, guys. Keep it up.

U.L.I.
#4July 13th, 2012 · 03:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice raw sound and feel.  I wont reiterate what has already said.
Would be be interesting to get a solid Bass player, that will help tighten up the band.
#5July 14th, 2012 · 04:21 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
I think its the best of yours I've heard yet. cool catchy riffs, drums are a bit tighter (good job by you ). Still some general timing issues like you and the other guys have said but it's not bad at all. The only way to fix the timing issues would be down to plain old boring practice. I'd suggest working out a song in rough form then once your happy, record it bit by bit and build it up. Get a really tight drum track first maybe (or chords played to a metronome and then drums so you don't lose where you are whilst trying to play and record the drums) and just record take after take on each track until you hit the jackpot one (which will happen, it just takes a bloody long time). It'll be worth it to get a decent recording tho cos your music is on the edge of being really rather good.

what are the lyrics about? could you post them?

Yeah... thumbs up
#6July 29th, 2012 · 12:45 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
As everyone mentioned earlier, the levels detract from getting the full effect of this song.  I wish I could get a clear listen to the vocals.  I like the progress a lot, it actually reminds me more of Beck than Nirvana
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.