#1July 2nd, 2012 · 04:35 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Symphony for the Hound

This song is not in a battle

I haven't got any proper new material to upload yet. This is something I came up with in 2010 which I was never really happy with. I've recently been working on it tweaking bits here and there, as a way of getting myself back into recording music and getting used to the programming again. I've never been any good at naming songs :s ...

Anyway, Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think ( I personally think it's lacking a bit in  melodic variation or structure and there are still bits that nag at me and need polishing up)

Cheers

Ian

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 3rd, 2012 · 04:00 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Melancholical, romantic, soothing, sentimental, opulent.
Could make "dreamy" at grey autumn days.
Lack of melodic variations ?  I donīt think so, coz the variations come from  changing instrumentation.
To me the structure is fine.
#3July 3rd, 2012 · 05:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I ditto ULI's comments.  It could be you've worked on it so long, you have become over critical of the piece, something most songwriters go through.
I enjoyed listening to this, it's a beautiful piece, you should be proud of yourself.
Onwards and upwards, work on the next song, this one is done and dusted.

What orchestral software are you using, I love it, the solo violin was good, very hard to find good sounding ones, and the piano also is superb sounding..
#4July 4th, 2012 · 02:25 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Very very nice.. I could put this on repeat and just let it play over and over.    great layers,  and pick of sounds.
production is almost if not at a pro level. Not just in the mix,engineering, but in the song layout , and what is being played... Damn I wished I could write like this.. working at it. ..  the snare drum is mixed in perfectly.  If you get a chance I'd like to know, how this was recorded,,  samples, or  live ..
#5July 4th, 2012 · 04:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That was totally beautiful ..
Now if you could wait until Denis builds his studio then go round there and record/produce this with Denis's magic fingers and ears you'd have an amazing track on your hands ... it just needs to be a crystal clear recording.
#6July 4th, 2012 · 08:21 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ians..This sounds quite good my friend and btw good to see you around....I love the feel and flow of the track...seems like there is some nice orchestration going on...I wanna say it seems to have taken some time and effort to put this together!!!! Totally awesome stuff!
#7July 6th, 2012 · 04:22 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Thankyou everyone... I get alot of inspiration from your encouragement and feedback.

Denis wrote…
What orchestral software are you using, I love it, the solo violin was good, very hard to find good sounding ones, and the piano also is superb sounding..

toastedgoat wrote…
If you get a chance I'd like to know, how this was recorded,,  samples, or  live ..

It's done 100% on the computer using vsti's in FL. It was difficult to find vst's that I was happy with (especially being on the my budget if you know what I mean)... The piano vst is called 'pianoteq', best I've come across b'cos you can alter pretty much any parameter and it explains what you're changing and how it affects the sound. I've used 'edirol orchestral' for pretty much everything else. It's got loads of instruments which can play simultaneously from one vst. all of them pretty realistic if you programme them right. Again you can change lots of parameters on this. The eastern sounding drums are just from the japenese drum set on the standard FPC vst included in FL.
#8July 6th, 2012 · 04:38 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Wellcome back as per PM
Very Nice FL composition

man i cant get my head round fl and ive had it for years ...

respect

fish
#9July 29th, 2012 · 12:40 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Such a somber start and when the piano pierces through and the staccato strings jump in it's beautiful! I feel like I'm viewing a city from the highest building and I'm looking down to see that everything is worth fighting for.  Maybe it's because I recently watched Batman but great musicality!
#10July 29th, 2012 · 03:41 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I cant help... but by listening this track with eyes closed I can see me flying over England's south or west coast like Cornwall or so. Could be a score music for a crime series like "Inspector Linleys mysteries"
Well produced and brilliant composition with a very catchy melody line which is burned into my mind even after 5 minutes
#11July 30th, 2012 · 02:47 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Many thanks for listening guys. It's great to get an insight of what other people picture when they hear my music.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.