#1July 1st, 2012 · 05:46 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Choking On Butterfly Wing

This song is not in a battle

Choking On Butterfly Wings
Despite it sounding like the name of a metal song it still easily fits into the alternative/indie rock category with the rest of our music.

Still some problems with the drums on this one(you can blame our drummer for that) but it is just a demo so...whatever

If you like this there are more songs at http://soundcloud.com/likenoise

Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 2nd, 2012 · 04:02 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
It's good. I like the vibe. needs tidying up a bit but Like you say it's a demo and it's proper live music so hard to get perfect. What do you record with can I ask? Are you able to record instruments individually or do you record the whole set live?

Keep the songs coming
#3July 2nd, 2012 · 04:54 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
we'll sad to say but we do record them separately... i would have liked to record it live cause we probably would have done it better but we didn't really have the right equipment for it... We used this tascam 24 track recorder we have... But most of the blame falls back on the drummer.... hahaha
#4July 3rd, 2012 · 03:51 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I always thought that drummers must be protected against attacks like goal keepers in an ice hockey team

You did a good job here and I can "see" and feel the spirit of the song. Like it somehow.
#5July 3rd, 2012 · 04:09 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Composition and structure are fine. Good spirit here.
How about a bit "afterwork" on the mix?  Try to bring your voice  more upfront by using dynamic tools (compressor), adding some reverb on the vox. You could also play around with EQ to make the mix a lil brighter, clearer, more transparent.

..........and make some penalty training with the goalkeeper.............but donīt shoot him ...  
#6July 3rd, 2012 · 04:25 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
nice one overal.jep..you can blame your drummer.hahaha.great tittle to    like told before, spice up your mix.split up your tracks ( more mics) .and stop feeding the drummer beer.
#7July 4th, 2012 · 01:58 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
there are a lot of lo fi bands getting lots of internet and some air play, with mixes worse than this one.. the song is good.  Vox need help..  without getting to post procuction.. some eq'n  just for seperation, (some masking going on). Need to bring up some upper upper mids, or low highs on the vox , just a tiny bit. 

overalll good stuff.
#8July 4th, 2012 · 08:25 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Kudos for effort and creativity....Overall its all there just needs some tightening up...Btw style reminds of Phish!!!!...good show!!!!!
#9July 31st, 2012 · 12:52 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
This is the kind of music I like on long road trips!  Timing issues yes but that's just music, right   The chorus has a great vibe and gives that head-bobbing attribute.  I personally fight the 'whatever' mentality when it comes to recording.  Fight the mic head on and wrestle it into submission for results   Keep it up!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.