#1June 26th, 2012 · 01:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Drop Picks

This song is not in a battle

Must be around two months since I've recorded anything.  Thank goodness my Arms, Hands, Fingers Shoulder, and neck have healed almost back to normal.
Last Tuesday the 19th June, it was a nice warm sunny day, set-up a recently purchased secondhand IBM Lenovo Laptop, installed Cubase and some software, set-up in my reception room, played in the Garden and came up with this here tune. Little did I know one of my neighbors was listening to hear my play and came outside to say she liked it and reminded her of being somewhere on holiday -  that gave me the motivation to record it on the laptop.
I faded out the end because I dropped my pick, hence the name of this song is "Drop Picks".....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 26th, 2012 · 02:25 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Very floydish.... good you're back in health

Could it be that you've lost your timings?
#3June 26th, 2012 · 02:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Not so much lost, just out of practice. The guitars are not bad, the keyboard is defiantly out in many places. Shouldn't take long to get back to how I was, I'm building up my practice time slowly.
#4June 26th, 2012 · 02:47 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Not so much lost, just out of practice. The guitars are not bad, the keyboard is defiantly out in many places. Shouldn't take long to get back to how I was, I'm building up my practice time slowly.

so no quantise used ??? live as nature intended ....... cept it creates a few pushy pully bounces along the way

wuth Triton on this

fiis h   s sh
#5June 26th, 2012 · 07:56 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Denis. Very nice to listen to. I was on here a long time ago as sirborris and it's good to see all the familiar people still here and making music. From what I can remember, you're style hasn't changed much but that's no bad thing at all. The drums sound a bit fake but that would be hard to avoid w/o a kit. Nothing else to give feedback on as the mix is fine and I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Hope your health scare wasn't too serious. Won't pry into that tho

And hope you see more sun... cos there's none here. Where are you in the UK?
#6June 27th, 2012 · 02:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
IanS wrote…
Hey Denis. Very nice to listen to. I was on here a long time ago as sirborris and it's good to see all the familiar people still here and making music. From what I can remember, you're style hasn't changed much but that's no bad thing at all. The drums sound a bit fake but that would be hard to avoid w/o a kit. Nothing else to give feedback on as the mix is fine and I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Hope your health scare wasn't too serious. Won't pry into that tho

And hope you see more sun... cos there's none here. Where are you in the UK?
Nice to see you back. If you get time check some of my other compositions, hence other genres there. Blues like this track is a nice easy way to get back into the swing of things.
I'm based in Chingford, East London.
#7July 1st, 2012 · 03:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Aaaah, good to see you getting better and that you´re back at your instruments, Denis.  
But stay careful, don´t overdo playing the next weeks.

Yeah, thisone has a loungy nice-weather-and-jamming-in-the-garden feel. Right, timing´s bit jolty .
though.
#8July 1st, 2012 · 05:28 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Love the little organ bits, it sounds so rad!

Good work! It is very emotional as well...
#9July 3rd, 2012 · 04:28 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
cristal clear.well recorded! loungy indeed.the organ sounds a little bit out of time?or my brains are .nice mood.
#10July 3rd, 2012 · 07:10 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Glad to hear you are doing ok...This does sound like you are feeling better..Me liking the Floyd feel as previously mentioned!!!...Nice Job D!
#11July 4th, 2012 · 01:52 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
love the mix.  nice clean and crisp..  I too won't pry , just glad it your back at it.  Love the feel of it.  cool chord changes... You always had a great ear for  moving through the chord changes though.  one of mhy favorite writers on here.

glad you back.. real good for a lap top garden recording..   the mix is very good.  song is very good
#12July 4th, 2012 · 02:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
love the mix.  nice clean and crisp..  I too won't pry , just glad it your back at it.  Love the feel of it.  cool chord changes... You always had a great ear for  moving through the chord changes though.  one of mhy favorite writers on here.

glad you back.. real good for a lap top garden recording..   the mix is very good.  song is very good

Hey Goat, nice to see you back on the AMP - What you up to?
#13July 4th, 2012 · 04:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's like a funky 'Comfortably Numb' .... happy and chilled ... class stuff matey !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.