#1June 15th, 2012 · 10:15 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
TheDangerouslyNeedydraft1

This song is not in a battle

I know I haven't been around here in a long time but I've been very busy and trying to force myself to record the 30+ songs I have written. This is one of them called "The Dangerously Needy". I'm REALLY honestly trying to sound half decent singing but I still think I suck. any tips? Or should I just quit and stick with instrumental stuff....

This doesn't have drums or bass recorded in it yet but I thought maybe you could share tips so far. I was hoping to record drums and bass tomorow and at least record an entire album (or two with the amount of songs I have) of all just demos of the stuff I have. Thanks guys! I really appreciate it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 16th, 2012 · 04:37 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Australia
This will make a great rockin' song once you get drums and thumping bass on it. As for vocal tips, I'd put the key up a few tones so that you're really singing it, or sing the whole thing up high as you do from halfway through onwards... And practice... And breathe...
Well done.
#3June 16th, 2012 · 11:32 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks so much for reviewing this man!
lol lol Anytime I upload a song do you want to know what the advice is? Every single time? MOVE THE KEY UP. and I ask, WHY!? I DON'T GET IT! I can't sing high!! maybe I'm doing things wrong. I think I'm going to definitely listen to this advice. I'll try to sing it as high as I do from the halfway point. Thanks so much for listening man I really appreciate it
#4June 17th, 2012 · 04:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes breathing is good ... it kind of proves your alive ...
I think your voice is good .. simply needs practice ... you keep your tune fairly well, love the chorus harmonies.
The 'high' second part is ... wrong, well wrong in that you are pushing your self into a corner where you have no where to go at a certain point, high bits are good if you dont need to go higher.
Get the rest of it sorted, you might find with a full band sound you may sing better ... like sticking a reverb on a vocalists monitoring headphones it can make you sing stronger, because you hear your self 'sounding strong'

Keep it up ... what an amazing amount of creativity is coming from your corner of the world.   
#5June 17th, 2012 · 03:37 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks for listening and commenting Kings!

I will keep practicing and trying and trying and trying and hopefully I'll get better. eventually.
I see what you mean about the 'high' second part being 'wrong.'
I'll try to keep working with this (and the bunches of other songs as well) and try to find 'my voice' you know?
I;ll also try that full band and reverby tip.
#6June 19th, 2012 · 04:28 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You're THE voice, Jim. And please....

...MOVE THE KEY UP!   

Perhaps you can add some reverb to the vocal tracks. Sounds a bit dry for me. All in all it's a nice song with a catchy chorus.
#7June 21st, 2012 · 11:31 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol 
Thanks so much Triton!!!

AND GUYS! GUESS WHAT!!
I put a capo on the first fret, played it that way...and even I thought it sounded better!!!! You guys are geniuses!!! Thank you so much.
Most of my songs will probably have to have the key raised up lol.
hopefully I can start recording this one again with the key raised and then we'll see who or who is not in fact Jim.
#8June 22nd, 2012 · 03:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
KEYS
TheKunadiun wrote…
lol 
Thanks so much Triton!!!

AND GUYS! GUESS WHAT!!
I put a capo on the first fret, played it that way...and even I thought it sounded better!!!! You guys are geniuses!!! Thank you so much.
Most of my songs will probably have to have the key raised up lol.
hopefully I can start recording this one again with the key raised and then we'll see who or who is not in fact Jim.

This is an interesting thread.......

I often have trouble choosing keys for my vocal groups....
what i tend to find is that kids have a vocal range that doesnt go much above A (fifth fret skinny string)
 as the highest note that they can hit with any power
so changing the pitch to fit the vocal power range is something I do often
Its all to do with falling into the comfortable range of the singer......

so as a songwriter you will often find that an idea you come up with in your head ... or just jammin .....needs tweaking when it comes to performance .......
i have been very guilty of loosing stuff on the amp that doesnt suit my voc range
Shouldve listened to myself
yep a capo is brilliant to find comfort zone

pitch fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 12:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.