Deadwood Jam (WIP)

This song is not in a battle

A work in progress in dire need of some lead/melody work

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 30th, 2012 · 10:38 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
I welcome any and all suggestions on how to make this a great song. A few of the transitions are pretty rough but I need some lead work to pull it all together.
#3April 30th, 2012 · 11:37 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Totally awesome arrangement...Love the drum performance..Mix a bit messy but really dig the creative aspect!
#4April 30th, 2012 · 01:26 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thank you Marino

The drums are all loops from a collection called "Drums from the Big Room" I tend to mix and match and modify them so that they are somewhat original. They are the one thing I can't really do myself LOL
#5April 30th, 2012 · 01:54 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
haha...I have the same drum collection...I also other than program drums find myself editing loops to taste when using drum samples...
#6April 30th, 2012 · 02:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great Work in Progress - Huge potential...

I'd build the dynamics of the intro if you want to keep it the same length, also work on the panning, separate the instruments more. When the rhythm/drums came in it was a bit sudden, or shorten the intro.

Bass Drum and Bass guitar a bit too heavy, it's drowning the rest of the mix.

Drums are a bit too busy at the start IMO

Anyway really enjoyed it... Keep working at it 
#7April 30th, 2012 · 05:36 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thank you Denis 

I will work on more of a build up in the prelude.

What L/R % do you guys recommend for better separation? I saw mention of some mixing tutorials in another thread, any links?

EDIT: Never mind on the panning question, I just found a good thread on the subject
#8May 1st, 2012 · 09:02 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
As a keyboarder I'd like to hear a jazzy synthesizer with the guitars in the part 1:20 until 2:05. From there on some vocals and again some jazz fusion synth sounds. IMO it's a piece for keys.
#9May 1st, 2012 · 02:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'm kind of into what this is trying to get to ... it's not that I'm not into this it's just that it is really cool, on time, makes sense in parts then it kind of whongs out into a part that I cant get my head around.

There's an awful lot going on sometimes.... different things .... and then it bursts into an excellent piece again ... 
#10May 1st, 2012 · 06:43 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Triton, I was thinking the same thing and a nice piano solo in the part after that.

Kings, I have a tendency to do that. Do you like the fast fusiony parts or the slower jazzy parts?

Thanks for the reviews guys. I am making notes of all of your suggestions and will implement them future mixes
#11May 3rd, 2012 · 04:33 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Cool, Kool!
Thatīs a really captivating composition. You got me immediatly with the intro. All the following parts gave me this well known , nostalgic "remember-feeling". Like "coming home." Good old progrock / fusion / avantgarde stuff.  So complex.  Love such patchwork stuff.......................................................................no clue why..............   hehehehe.

There just 2 points I disliked a bit.
First I didnīt like much the Synth Sax? Oboe? Fagott? after the intro. A smooth synth-lead might be better.
Second was the repetetive drumsample / loop in the final part from 4:56. Needs small variations.
As a bassman Iīd say you can level up the bass a lil in parts whereīs much going on. ......................But who has ever asked a bassman?         

Great debut here, man.

U.L.I.
#12May 4th, 2012 · 10:44 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thanks ULI, I'm glad you enjoyed it. That is actually a three part harmony with bass and two guitars playing the same scale. The only keyboard is the 4 chord piano which runs throughout the entire tune. It does sound kind of synthy though. The last section is still bare bones, I'll eventually work in some variations depending on whatever lead ends up in there.

Thanks again for the review  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.