#1April 24th, 2012 · 04:51 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love Love Love

This song is not in a battle

Mastered mostly from Cubase 5, Used a Multi-Compressor and Limiter, don't really understand Multi-Compressors, used a pre-set called Dance or similar, which seemed to make the sound bigger. I then used another limiter in Adobe Audition 3.0 to increase the dynamics further - It sounds OK for the first mixdown, I'm just concerned I've squashed it too much

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 28th, 2012 · 05:47 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Love Love Love
Denis wrote…
Mastered mostly from Cubase 5, Used a Multi-Compressor and Limiter, don't really understand Multi-Compressors, used a pre-set called Dance or similar, which seemed to make the sound bigger. I then used another limiter in Adobe Audition 3.0 to increase the dynamics further - It sounds OK for the first mixdown, I'm just concerned of squashed it too much

sounds good to me .............. the sax just sits back in the mix instead of being in the face..is it gettin processed the same way as everything else???........ so maybe dont apply limiter/stuff to the master(everything) ..... but to everything except the sax front track and go wild on that with eq and reverb and smmillar stuff...and lift it out of the great backing you have created

could be talking jack .... but think not

cloth eared fish
#3April 28th, 2012 · 06:12 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Wow, I really liked this tune, just the kind of happy sound I needed today. I tried to find something to criticize but came up empty. Great job.
#4April 29th, 2012 · 03:04 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Love Love Love
swordfish wrote…
Denis wrote…
Mastered mostly from Cubase 5, Used a Multi-Compressor and Limiter, don't really understand Multi-Compressors, used a pre-set called Dance or similar, which seemed to make the sound bigger. I then used another limiter in Adobe Audition 3.0 to increase the dynamics further - It sounds OK for the first mixdown, I'm just concerned of squashed it too much

sounds good to me .............. the sax just sits back in the mix instead of being in the face..is it gettin processed the same way as everything else???........ so maybe dont apply limiter/stuff to the master(everything) ..... but to everything except the sax front track and go wild on that with eq and reverb and similar stuff...and lift it out of the great backing you have created

could be talking jack .... but think not

cloth eared fish
I listened to it in my car, which I normally do to evaluate the quality of the mix and it sounded great, loud, everything clear without it sounding over compressed. I think it was luck more than anything. I'd like to learn more about multi-compressors and how to get the most out of them. I may just go crazy turning all the knobs and faders to mins and max to hear what they do and at the same time do some research. When I've become a master at it, I'll share my new knowledge with the AMP
#5April 29th, 2012 · 04:08 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Seems you´re in your "70s-disco-era-revival-phase", he? 
It´s good material for practicing, learning more about your virtual studio environment. And I must say that the multicomp stuff works well in the mix. Every instrument sounds well represented, nothing´s too low or loud.

U.L.I.
#6April 30th, 2012 · 11:44 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man what great quality recording and performance...You are truly getting some pro stuff down Mr D.....Excellent!!!
#7April 30th, 2012 · 05:16 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
This sounds really good, recoding wise. Wow, makes me realize I have a long way to go.. Really laidback tune aswell.
#8May 1st, 2012 · 01:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Like it says on the label .... LOVE IT

What a perfect song, clarity is lovely ... as far as my ears are concerned the sax is sitting right there in front of me fully backed up by the rest of the music.

The strings kind of poke me slightly.... I think it could be a different set/sample

Commenting on the whole I do hear some hi-hat or rhythm guitar clicking, could be a timing thing ... maybe you could quantise the rhythm audio track? To get it in line with the drum track
#9May 1st, 2012 · 03:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Like it says on the label .... LOVE IT

What a perfect song, clarity is lovely ... as far as my ears are concerned the sax is sitting right there in front of me fully backed up by the rest of the music.

The strings kind of poke me slightly.... I think it could be a different set/sample

Commenting on the whole I do hear some hi-hat or rhythm guitar clicking, could be a timing thing ... maybe you could quantise the rhythm audio track? To get it in line with the drum track
Yeah - I was wondering about the strings, could try looking what else is in the library - I'll check the clicking - not noticed that ??
Cheers
#10May 1st, 2012 · 04:53 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Tight sound! The mixing is pretty much perfect for me. I agree with Kings that the strings isn't the best.

> Iz
#11May 1st, 2012 · 07:49 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hi Denis
Doesn't sound squished at all, nice and smooth very balanced mix all around here to my ears, all instruments placed fine . BTW great song you know I can hear some of that classic melody vocal line baa ba baas 5th Dimension etc style. Smokin & cool with the top down cruise.
I think the sax needs some tightening up over all its working good but pitch on a few places believe me I understand **(# tenor sax heavy and takes a lot of air
Strings .....still got the jv 1080?
Hey you may have seen but
 link to a brief ov on multi band comp I found enlightening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p8ZkLgw_ZY

cheres
greg
#12May 2nd, 2012 · 02:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Hi Denis
yokoinc wrote…
Doesn't sound squished at all, nice and smooth very balanced mix all around here to my ears, all instruments placed fine . BTW great song you know I can hear some of that classic melody vocal line baa ba baas 5th Dimension etc style. Smokin & cool with the top down cruise.
I think the sax needs some tightening up over all its working good but pitch on a few places believe me I understand **(# tenor sax heavy and takes a lot of air
Strings .....still got the jv 1080?
Hey you may have seen but
 link to a brief ov on multi band comp I found enlightening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p8ZkLgw_ZY

cheres
greg
Yeah still have the jv1080 - I'm getting lazy with Cubase HalionONE VST's, hence I don't have the space to have it permanently set-up. I didn't notice the pitch on the Alto being that out to be noticeable - I need to listen carefully? I have since seen a few youTube vids on multi-compressors and uploaded a new song yesterday.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.