#1April 17th, 2012 · 01:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Watermelon Man (rendition)

This song is not in a battle

One of Herbie Hancock's first hit songs - I used to play it in a band but more funky - Think there have been some interesting renditions, even Hancock did a remake of it making it a classic fusion song which I think was very long. Herbie Hancock if you have never heard of him was one of the few composers that moved with the times, best known for playing the piano and great rhythm.

I'm playing Alto and Soprano Sax, Epiphone Les Paul  via line 6 pod(Seymour Duncan pickups which are superb) - Worth mentioning I compared this to Guitar Rig 5 -  could not get a clean sound through my focusrite interface - line 6 pod is so much better, and it cuts through the mix so well, yeah even through the layers of brass.
There is a also a Brass Section & Double Bass using Cubase HalionONE, NI Alicia Keys Piano VST (Nice for jazz and laid back stuff) and good old EzDrummer.

Needless to say had great fun

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 17th, 2012 · 02:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Wouldn't this officially be a cover?
Lovely stuff .... got my missus a' groovin an a' slidin across the living room floor ....
#3April 17th, 2012 · 02:28 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Wouldn't this officially be a cover?
Lovely stuff .... got my missus a' groovin an a' slidin across the living room floor ....
Superb,
Rendition is the same, is it not? Did you not notice it in the thread?
Or just to clarify This is a Cover
#4April 17th, 2012 · 03:43 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't believe that's all you. Piano is bit out of time here and there, has a wonderful sound. But hey... it's handmade

Although it's a cover. Denis you're da man fpr this.

And now the end with the solo guitar. Man what a killer riff! Guess this is your best so far.
#5April 19th, 2012 · 02:30 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I donīt believe what I hear.
Great cover-rendition-rip-off. I get a bigband feeling.
And yes, TK is right. Best Denis-solo ever.

U.L.I.
#6April 19th, 2012 · 04:49 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
lovely sounds, relaxed theme, great solo!
love it!
#7April 20th, 2012 · 11:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I had a version of Watermelon Man on a cassette that has become an iconic relic of my childhood. So this brings back memories, I love how you mixed the saxes. In fact the entire mix is great, now I just miss the soulful chicks doing the proper backing vox... thats all!
#8April 20th, 2012 · 01:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
I had a version of Watermelon Man on a cassette that has become an iconic relic of my childhood. So this brings back memories, I love how you mixed the saxes. In fact the entire mix is great, now I just miss the soulful chicks doing the proper backing vox... thats all!
I could probably fit some sexy soulful backing chicks - I'll have a look and see what I have in my library to see if I can make your Childhood reborn again, or I can send you the cut and you can put in your own.
#9April 22nd, 2012 · 06:24 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
hip dude
Really chilled Denis  love the solo very nice tone & relaxed sweet mix . Are you using combo real sax & synth brass?
good one
Legend mate
gg
#10April 22nd, 2012 · 07:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: hip dude
blakhatz wrote…
Really chilled Denis  love the solo very nice tone & relaxed sweet mix . Are you using combo real sax & synth brass?
good one
Legend mate
gg
Yes, I'm playing Alto and Soprano sax, plus Cubase HailionONE brass section VST
Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.