#1April 12th, 2012 · 02:30 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
Looping

This song is not in a battle

My first track ever - have a feeling it lacks some on the production side so please let me get any suggestions on that :-)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 12th, 2012 · 03:29 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is a very nice song. Good arrangement with the guitars. The use of reverb and echoes is great and fills up the room.
But something destroyed the mood at the beginning. After listening to it a few times I think the dry crash cymbals from 0:30 to 0:44 and 1:27 to 1:41 don't fit in there in my opinion.
But on the other hand I guess that is what belongs to your production.
Strong track!
#3April 13th, 2012 · 02:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great effort for your first time - Believe me your production skills will improve the more you record and play around with your equipment - like anything you have to get to know it, so don't be shy move those knobs and sliders around and see what they do.

In terms of production, the sound is too trebly. you should aim to get the eq right from your instrument, or if it's a mic, mic distance will effect the eq, closer you get the more eq, accept generally with vocals you wanna get to about the width of your hand.

Recording is an art within itself and will always be unique depending on your equipment and room acoustics - it's a simple case of creating the best of what you have - The good news is that you don't need to spend loads of cash to get a decent quality recording.

The main thing is you performance, which in this instance is Good.

It's a HUGE question asking help on your production - We could work on a little bit at a time - first we need to know your set-up
#4April 15th, 2012 · 12:38 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Came back to add it to my favs
#5April 15th, 2012 · 01:32 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Really good song, I like the style a lot, it has an interesting structural dynamic.

Yes, the production quality is obviously not quite it, the instrument balance seems well mixed, vocals stand out well, it just - indeed - lacks the body of the low and mid range frequencies. Wouldn't call it trebly in that sense that it doesn't punish my ears in the highs, but it sounds like you route the mix through a high pass filter or so.

It's really not possible to make suggestions for how to make a remix at this point, indeed because I don't know your rig, you'd have to explain your recording procedure first! What do your dry recorded tracks sound like? Because that will be the basis to work from.

cool stuff though, bit later-day Cure-ish.
#6April 15th, 2012 · 06:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Like a lot ... it has a sombre something about it, something dark in the vocal yet the music has the high tones of light, that glistening thing.
The music bursts out in the chorus but the vocal keeps the emotion in.
So did you make this at home ... alone? 
It sound like you were looking for the big band sound again.

Looking forwards to hearing a bass for Wisdom up for grabs   
#7April 16th, 2012 · 05:54 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Good songwriting, arrangement and playing / singing.
You created a slighly dark, but anyhow a positive mood here. Not easy to find the balance. Well done.

I agree with the previous speakers about the lack of bass / low freqs.
Keep in mind that you publish your music in mp3 format. That means a loss of quality, depth, power.
And if you want to produce for radio, modern medias, you should keep attention on a powerful mixing/mastering.
Because most (young) consumers listen to their music on cheap gear (smartphones, laptops, small computer-speakers etc) not that much on Hifi equipment. And this must be compensated. So thatīs one of the reasons why you should mix your music with a lil more low end.
I listened to this song on my Hifi-system and I missedl bass-vibes under my butt. 

U.L.I.
#8April 17th, 2012 · 07:10 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
Thanks for listening guys!

Good comment on the production. Didn't mean for you guys to come with full solutions but needed some qualified ears for what aspect we should pay more attention to (sorry for not being more clear on that!) and I got exactly that.

@tritonkeyboarder thanks so much for adding it to your favs. Makes me proud.

@kings home is where I got to do these things. Did it with my partner in crime Ian who is actually doing to mixing. The drums is an old track we modified. Happy you still remember the Wisdom one. Practicing like mad to be able to sing the new verses :-)

Better get back to singing and mixing :-)
#9April 18th, 2012 · 05:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Looping
BeatHouse wrote…
My first track ever - have a feeling it lacks some on the production side so please let me get any suggestions on that :-)

would i buy it??

no

this sounds like a great track 2 be delivered live

good...no great production!!

but no strong song hook ......to get a listener going

nothing about this song sticks....cept the production is v good

teflon fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.