#1April 10th, 2012 · 01:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
iLUVIT

This song is not in a battle

I've had a week off work - Oh how I would love to retire and create music full time - I'm having great fun creating funky tunes like this one - sort of music you would hear in lift or call waiting, or maybe a soundtrack from the eighties/late seventies. Could try a vocal on it too if my mate Colin is inspired to write some lyrics.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 11th, 2012 · 10:47 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
would love to hear some spitting brasses behind the track. Fill up the sax with some trombones or horns. Horns are the soul of music.
Nice rhythm and git work. Lovely melody.
#3April 11th, 2012 · 02:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
would love to hear some spitting brasses behind the track. Fill up the sax with some trombones or horns. Horns are the soul of music.
Nice rhythm and git work. Lovely melody.
Good ideas, I'll see how it turns out.
Cheers
#4April 14th, 2012 · 07:49 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very soothing to the ear D...Totally dig the idea...That guitar has a nice tight sound!!!
#5April 16th, 2012 · 05:29 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
dum di dumm........your sexy eyes..........................yeah, reminds to this old hit. Nice nostalgic, "philisound-ish-70s" feeling. 

I agree about adding some brass / horns. I´d also try to loosen the arrangement by some lil solos (git or sax or piano or or or....).  That might make the thrack more varied.

This time you played the bass with a plec, right? Sounds good. And I can hear the fun you have with your new bass. It seems it brings your bassplay "steps ahead". What do I say? "miles ahead!!!!".

U.L.I.
#6April 16th, 2012 · 06:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
dum di dumm........your sexy eyes..........................yeah, reminds to this old hit. Nice nostalgic, "philisound-ish-70s" feeling. 

I agree about adding some brass / horns. I�d also try to loosen the arrangement by some lil solos (git or sax or piano or or or....).  That might make the thrack more varied.

This time you played the bass with a plec, right? Sounds good. And I can hear the fun you have with your new bass. It seems it brings your bassplay "steps ahead". What do I say? "miles ahead!!!!".

U.L.I.

Wondering where you was, we made a post on your birthday
Yeah more nice ideas, will try tomorrow.
You are almost right about the pick, I used my index finger only,  I tried this on 'Good Times' and 'Take it On' tracks recently uploaded and liked the sound and my timing ha ha -  it's great for faster tracks, well fast for me LOL. Yeah it seems my index finger is the way to go for Bass......
#7April 16th, 2012 · 06:51 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…

Last week I felt like needing a pause from my puter. Was sitting too much at the machine the past weeks, tried to learn dit´n dat, experimented with too many programs, created probs, spent too much time with resolving these probs....
Needed distance and a few days of "analog life". Didn´t touch the most of my digital gear. Ok, tv and handy.

Denis wrote…
You are almost right about the pick, I used my index finger only,
Hui, that´s interesting. Just index finger ; sometimes I play gitti thiswise. But bass......??
Always amazing how many different techniques musicians are using.
#8April 16th, 2012 · 07:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Denis wrote…

Last week I felt like needing a pause from my puter. Was sitting too much at the machine the past weeks, tried to learn dit�n dat, experimented with too many programs, created probs, spent too much time with resolving these probs....
Needed distance and a few days of "analog life". Didn�t touch the most of my digital gear. Ok, tv and handy.

Denis wrote…
You are almost right about the pick, I used my index finger only,
Hui, that�s interesting. Just index finger ; sometimes I play gitti thiswise. But bass......??
Always amazing how many different techniques musicians are using. 8)
I was watching Bernard Edwards (CHIC bass player) palying Dance, Dance, Dance on YouTube, it looks like he's playing with his index finger, or I could be mistaken and he's using a Pick??
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.