#1April 2nd, 2012 · 12:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Take It On

This song is not in a battle

Very pleased with my new Ibanez SR500 Bass, it cuts through the mix so nice, put it through a Line 6 XT pod, preset was Hiway Clean, but I cut the Bass Eq. Can't remember where I got those lovely vocal samples, they sound so sexy...lol. Ah and I used guitar rig for the first time, using my mouse as a wah wah....- The wonders of technology. Sax on the right channel is an Alto, left channel, Cubase HalionONE Bright Sax Section, drums EzDrummer, Funkmaster, very nice sound.
You never stop learning new things - GREAT FUN!!

Here She is - Ibanez SR500

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 2nd, 2012 · 03:14 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
HooHoo Girls.... nice nice nice
they got me up on my feet. Sensational brasses, drums and bass.
#3April 3rd, 2012 · 04:17 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
That sexy hexi funky monkey knocks me off my feet.
This is the  bass sound I know from a sr 500 : crisp, clear & voluminous . The mouse-wah works pretty good, also the brass-section. "Motown-esk". I must assert that youŽre getting more and more the funky style.

The mix is also good, but believe it or not : IŽd have mixed the bass a tiny bit louder (not much, perhaps 0,5-0,8 dB), the sax a bit lower and the brass a bit louder. Just minimal tweaks.
But maybe it depends of the different Hifi systems, room conditions and habits of listening  how one is sensing music. And at last there are my old ears.........................................

#4April 3rd, 2012 · 02:44 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmmm
Boogieing as I write this. Though I am sitting in my work truck. So, people are looking at me weird.  I must say, it has a very old school feel about it, which I love.. Pictiring the pointer sisters with Smokey Robinson. Sorry for the typos. Too hard to type and boogie.

Now that I got my groove on, time to get back to work. Thanks for the vibaliscous funk Denis.
#5April 3rd, 2012 · 03:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: hmmm
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Boogieing as I write this. Though I am sitting in my work truck. So, people are looking at me weird.  I must say, it has a very old school feel about it, which I love.. Pictiring the pointer sisters with Smokey Robinson. Sorry for the typos. Too hard to type and boogie.

Now that I got my groove on, time to get back to work. Thanks for the vibaliscous funk Denis.

Jim...... you've put a big smile on my face..... God I miss you, the same goes I'm sure for many here.
You might get a new thing going and get all those big husky truck drivers Boogeing in their trucks
#6April 4th, 2012 · 08:35 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
never in my life i had boogied, until now :P
great sound overall, love that beauty (the ibanez)
and welcome back JimK
#7April 4th, 2012 · 02:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis the one-man funky monster !

Amazing that this comes from your own hands, absolute mastery !

I must agree that for a track to show off the bass , the bass could have been a bit more prominent, in the mix and arrangement.

However tis such a funky track ... who cares !              lol
#8April 4th, 2012 · 03:28 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
indeed, maybe less lo cut on that bass and ease the horns a bit?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.